Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1980 pinto front end in my pro street vehicle. I was told that the mustang two is the same thing. I am wanting to use Heidt's tubular upper A arms part #CA-101-SS And the CA-102-SS-M lower arms. These are direct bolt in parts if they will work. Does anyone know if the pinto & mustang two stuff is interchangable?

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
As far as I know they are not the same the mustang II is a slide bracket that is flat to the frame and the pinto is at a 90* angle to the frame on the upper

·
Registered
15 Posts
yes, mustang II and pinto use the same a arms. I have tubular upper made for a mustang II on my pinto

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yea. Pinto and mustang II both are flat. They have slots that you adjust the arms in instead of using shims. The lower arms are the same also. they use an arm and strut rod set up from the factory. Aftermarket mustang II cross members use the triangulated arms

·
7.86 @ 8800DA 3365lb 275s
4,502 Posts
Yea. Pinto and mustang II both are flat. They have slots that you adjust the arms in instead of using shims. The lower arms are the same also. they use an arm and strut rod set up from the factory. Aftermarket mustang II cross members use the triangulated arms
this may be why i though they were different.

·
Registered
15 Posts
this may be why i though they were different.
Thats the reason alot of people do. But the a-arms springs and spindles are all interchangable

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Me too I know my Chassis Enginering rails, the upper mount uses a shim and is at a 90* angle to the frame.
I think they did that to eliminate the chance of a hard landing being able to move the a-arms in the slots. I know driving my car on the street ive had it aligned about every two years

1 - 13 of 13 Posts