Yellow Bullet Forums banner

141 - 160 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got a 04 cobra a street car but it should be race car with street potential right??lol with sra. Just did full baseline outlaw setup and ARB with poly bushings. My question is I ordered new maximum Motorsport lca the extreme arms with spearical bearings. I haven't driven the car 10 miles since the install but it's super stiff. The instructions say 110ft lbs. on lca bolts. I loosen the tightness and with shocks off the car moves freely. Torque lca bolts to 110ft lbs with shocks removed and it's take slot of effort for car to pivot..? Pinion angle is set at zero on diff flange bc Trans is point up 1.65*., which means I have -1.65* pinion angle correct? I thought you just put a gauge on flange and adjust till you get desired angle. Thanks for any advise kinda a newbie to all this adjustability.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Wil a 275/60 fit under a non minitubbed fox on a 10" wheel. I have 27x10.5 Hoosier Quick Time Pros on it now. They are shot and somebody gave me a set to try. Think they will but wanted to make sure before I mount them.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yes, I have them on mine. You do need a 6.5 back space and a BFH for the inner fender. You also need to roll your outers too.

·
Registered
294 Posts
You also need to roll your outers too.
Tape that area down & cut the paint with a razor 1st to keep the paint from popping up on the outside of the fender.

I found out later that just cutting that outer fender lip off by a jig-saw works even better. (Even jig-sawed a car after its fenders was rolled)

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Trying to build my car so it's good for high 7s...Would UPR stuff be ok? K-member, control arms, a-arms etc.For coilovers...Which brand> Afco, Strange etc ?
Plenty of us been low 7's with UPR K member, a-arms, and pro series rear control arms and anti roll bar!!! For coil overs we use Mencer Afco's for the rear and santhuff's for the front! 90% of the radial cars will be set up this way.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
by weight. Best using corner scales. Easy and cheap enough to look at similar setups and take a guess if you don't have corner scales.
I have access to a set of scales. What do I need to be looking for when I have it on the scales? Seems everybody has a different one that I should put on the car.

·
Registered
753 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
This has been an excellent thread!!! Looking forward to getting all my suspension stuff and start moving on my build. Thanks for the information to all who posted it in these 11 pages.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
So I made some changes to my suspension and wanted to share my findings. Some of it doesn't make sense.

I re plotted by moving my IC farther out, lowering my AS, and raising the IC height. By doing this I effectively raised my ride height.
I wanted to move the lower bars from being completely flat to have a incline from back to front of 3/4". My AS was around 88% now. But I wasn't too worried. My thought was that I needed more leverage to get the nose up.

I have 10 way strange SA shocks. I KNOW they are ONLY adjustable on the extension side. But I swear on my left nut that if I put the valve on #1 setting the car compresses VERY easy. If I move it all the way to 10 the car won't move when I sit in the trunk with the lid open.

Having that said I don't have an ARB yet. Just the stock sway bar with an airbag in teh RR at 20psi. I set the PS shock on 10 and the DS at 8 (May pick below)

With the shocks settings originally at 6 on both best I could do was 1.58. Here is the launch from when I went last May:

Then with no other changes fast forward to this pas Dec only changes were the re plotting and I put the shocks at the 10 and 8 settings.

The result was 1.51.

Is there something else that happened for me to drop .07 in my 60ft?

Thanks.

-Mark

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Ah. Thanks. Everywhere I read on sites that sell them say they only adjust extension. So I'm not going crazy. lol. But I would beg to differ that it slightly adjusts compression. Nonetheless I'm going to keep them on the stiff side.

-Mark

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm installing a MM k-member in my 91 notch. What advantages do I gain from using the 1" set back option? I know various factors have to be taken into consideration when doing this for example driveshaft length, header clearance and so on and so forth.

141 - 160 of 190 Posts