Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would be and overall better car to go with for a stock suspension turbo small block car. not looking to class race just street strip.(mustang would be a fox)

any pros and con would be freat thanks

·
Registered
307 Posts
Mustang's are cheap and easy to find, But I say Nova

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well either way it'd get a SBC. Still debating Mustang does seem a lot cheaper but I see less Nova's at the track overall

·
Registered
264 Posts
It all depends on what you want really. A Fox body is a Fox body. It is worth what it is worth no matter what you do to it. A Nova is a Nova and it only goes up in value. With minor mods you can get a 28 x 10.5 tire on the Fox body and make it hook. It depends on the year Nova you are talking about on the size tire you can get to fit with out major mods. A 68 to 72 you can fit a 28 x10.5 with no problem, but to make it hook hard you would need Caltrac setup on it. A 62 to 67 take a ton of work to get a big tire under it. They were just not made to fit a bigger tire, but they have the cool factor. I just traded my 71 for a 62. The 71 had a 28 x10.5 on it and I could have went to a 11.5" tire on it with nothing major because I had already done it all. The 62 I have is a back half car so it doesn't matter on it. As for wieght the cars are all pretty close. The Fox will be 2800 to 3200 depending on what you do, the 68 to 72 will be 3000 to 3350 depending on what you do, the 62 to 67 will be 2700 to 3100 again depending on what you do. My 62 at full race weight is 2400 plus driver. If money is a factor then I would say go with the Fox body. If not and want something different then go with the Nova of your choice.

·
Beer me!!
22,507 Posts
Even though I'm a Chevy guy, and obviously a Nova owner, my vote goes for the fox. Those cars are a dime a dozen, and they obviously work extremely well. Not like a Nova doesn't work well with CalTracs, but the fox is a better option in my mind for a race only car. Furthermore, if you put the stang in the wall and wreck it, it's just another cheap car gone. Wreck a Nova, that's a little different story. Ultimately, the choice is yours, good luck.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's what we were talkn about at the track...parts for a stang are like gas stations on every corner. That and there seems to be more info on suspension for a Turbo platform

1 - 11 of 11 Posts