Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to finish my build need to run brake lines... My bay is shaved... i think ive seen guys go up to the wiper cowl... just want pics and ideas
Thanks,
Adam

·
Habitual Linestepper
1,457 Posts
Sorry dont have any pics.
Most of mine are in the fender well as well as the line lock and prop. valve, the crossover lines are in the cowl area.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry dont have any pics.
Most of mine are in the fender well as well as the line lock and prop. valve, the crossover lines are in the cowl area.
where did you connect the line lock... before the prop valve on the back line from the master cyl.

·
Habitual Linestepper
1,457 Posts
where did you connect the line lock... before the prop valve on the back line from the master cyl.
Nope lol.
Im using a strange MC and i just reversed the port layout so i didnt actually even need the prop. valve but i already had it so i plumbed it to the rear brakes in case i needed to reduce the pressure. Reversing the ports actually puts the ratio where you need it for a drag car ie. big rear tires and skinny front tires. Bunch of different opinions on doing that but its worked perfectly for me. Fwiw im also running Strange brakes front and rear.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats what i need to see! more of that would be great! thanks!!!!!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How are you guys going down from the wiper cowl on the pass side?? where are you drilling the hole. im keeping the existing rear line so im running 2 in the cowl over to the pass side. i just dont know where to comw down out of the cowl and have it look clean

·
Registered
99 Posts
Not to bring an old thread to life. But.I am.
when plumbing the brake line from the MC and through the cowl did u have any problems bleeding the brakes?
I am trying this now and can not get a firm pedal after three big bottles of fluid.
2001 gt, strange MC, slp lineloc, all custom linse. No leaks anywere. "Bench bleed" MC in car, then starting from the furthest caliper to the closest.

·
having fun
31,274 Posts
when plumbing the brake line from the MC and through the cowl did u have any problems bleeding the brakes?
I am trying this now and can not get a firm pedal after three big bottles of fluid.
2001 gt, strange MC, slp lineloc, all custom linse. No leaks anywere. "Bench bleed" MC in car, then starting from the furthest caliper to the closest.
does the line make an upturn in the cowl area and then become higher than the master cylinder at any point?

·
Something Creative
2,621 Posts
Did you keep your ABS? I don't remember if that changes anything?
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 31 Posts