Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No matter how many "wiring panels" I make I can't get statisfied on the located of it.

I have my Fast XFI box on my kick panel on the passenger side. I'll need space for a passenger as this is a street/strip car.

Its location now is over the trans tunnel where the rear passenger seat use to be.

Thinking about maken a new a panel with this
Vs having circuit brakers with the exposed hot studs that come out of the breaker. Also thinking about moving it to the front of the trans tunnel where most people put their MSD box at. Thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I use those on all of the cars I wire.....I just don't use those specific stickers. :p

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have a board where you located everything?

This is clean setup but problem is passenger would mess it up

·
Registered
199 Posts
Dj, see if you can cut and modify the inner glove box case and fab a lexan plate for everything to bolt to. Its hidden but still able to be work on fairly easy.

My bestfriend had his mounted at the firewall just off the floor and behind the a/c box in his f body and it got kicked constantly by the passengers.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
No matter how many "wiring panels" I make I can't get statisfied on the located of it.

I have my Fast XFI box on my kick panel on the passenger side. I'll need space for a passenger as this is a street/strip car.

Its location now is over the trans tunnel where the rear passenger seat use to be.

Thinking about maken a new a panel with this
Vs having circuit brakers with the exposed hot studs that come out of the breaker. Also thinking about moving it to the front of the trans tunnel where most people put their MSD box at. Thoughts or suggestions?
do you have a link to these I would like to see and read more about these

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dj, see if you can cut and modify the inner glove box case and fab a lexan plate for everything to bolt to. Its hidden but still able to be work on fairly easy.

My bestfriend had his mounted at the firewall just off the floor and behind the a/c box in his f body and it got kicked constantly by the passengers.
Don't know if a glove box would hold msd box, 5 relays and a 4 gauge wire lol

·
Registered
199 Posts
Don't know if a glove box would hold msd box, 5 relays and a 4 gauge wire lol
Yeah, that could be true and for your car it may make a difference. Not everyone uses the same items and layout. I dont know, i was just trying to help you out though.

The only reason why i even mentioned it to you, is i seen a guy a few years ago at the holcomb civil war race that was running the true street class. He had his 6al, 2 step and something else that was small mounted on a panel on the inside of the glovebox. I dont remember exactly how he did it though. But like i said its the items used and layout. I was drunk about the whole day :rolleyes: and i never went back to look at the car and talk to the guy and see exactly how it was put together.

But, if your not running a heater box in the car, pm me and i will explain how i built a slide out electrical panel behind the glove box door for my car. I think i spent 30-40 bucks on it by the time i finished and looked pretty damn neat too.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, that could be true and for your car it may make a difference. Not everyone uses the same items and layout. I dont know, i was just trying to help you out though.

The only reason why i even mentioned it to you, is i seen a guy a few years ago at the holcomb civil war race that was running the true street class. He had his 6al, 2 step and something else that was small mounted on a panel on the inside of the glovebox. I dont remember exactly how he did it though. But like i said its the items used and layout. I was drunk about the whole day :rolleyes: and i never went back to look at the car and talk to the guy and see exactly how it was put together.

But, if your not running a heater box in the car, pm me and i will explain how i built a slide out electrical panel behind the glove box door for my car. I think i spent 30-40 bucks on it by the time i finished and looked pretty damn neat too.
I didnt mean to sound rude! lol. I know your just helping. The problem is I'm trying to put 100 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag.

I need fuses for all 7 of my accessories, msd box. Thinking of putting the box on the trans tunnel. Then the other stuff on a piece of black acrylic on to the glove box door OR beside the msd box. Damn it if I had a cage I'll put it on that!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I know you werent trying to be rude man, i didnt take that way. That may be the best spot for you on the tunnel, at least you can reach it easily especially if you have to do any kind of troubleshooting.

I know what you mean by 100lbs of shit in a 5lb bag, my car has a big block with a single turbo going in it with the factory core support, all the electronics, a roll cage and me at 6'5 and weighing 320lbs LOL!

When its all said and done i'll need another 5lbs of boost or 50 more cubic inches to run where i want to run!

·
Registered
163 Posts
You may find better results if you separate the fusebox from the relay board. What I've done in a few customer's street cars is mount a fusebox somewhere on the passenger side dash and mount the relays to a board under the passenger seat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts