Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
ALL MOTOR BITCHES !
2,456 Posts
My car ( when I had the steel doors) were no more than 2 1/2 to 3 lbs. They were just a piece of 1/14 or so tubing

·
Trouble Maker, So Im told
4,433 Posts
My car ( when I had the steel doors) were no more than 2 1/2 to 3 lbs. They were just a piece of 1/14 or so tubing
HEY PHUCKER, remember you said no way my car is 3100 with me in it.?
Mine still has the bars too, LOL, and Power windows, and all stock glass biotch!!!!
But mine still dont run , so Ill give you that one.

·
X275 O.G.
2,353 Posts
cut them out about 13 pounds in the 87-93.. go to manual windows aswell they are well worth it. but i'm a nitrous smallblock so i'm a like a super model with anorexia.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Bruce, you got PM.

·
Registered
10,482 Posts
good topic.next week i am switching to manual doors on my coupe and was thinking of removing the bars.now i am certain i will remove them.

·
Registered
761 Posts
i used a dremmel on mine it wasnt hard but i didnt get quite all of it but wht i did get it was 13 pounds a side total 26 pounds.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
I was going to remove mine, but being a vert, I thought the door would need the support since it didn't have a window frame.

·
Registered
602 Posts
13-14lbs each dependant upon the year. I think the last car 85/86 weighed this but I've pulled lighter one's out as stated by someone else above as well.

Worth it if your into that kind of weight reduction, just don't let anyone lean on your car door. :)

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
an easy 13lbs for a fox body per side. i used a 90 degree small air grinder with a cut off wheel and they came out in 15 minutes.Also switch to manual windows to save extra.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts