Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up this coupe this weekend and took it to the track. The previous owner never set-up/sorted out the suspension. The rear was Mini-tub'd by Pakman, has a 8.8 with adjustable upper and lowers. Also has adjustable brackets welded onto the rear housing...these are not the stock one's. Looks like fabricated with 3 hole settings. The rear suspension has QA-1 coil overs, but I am not sure the springs rate. I'll look later. There is a fuel cell in the trunk aling with one battery. What rear spring rate should I have? Right now it feels super stiff! I can barely move the rear up and down at all and I weight 225. The front has QA1 struts with 14" 150 coil overs...these look like they are compressed too much. The motor is a 427" dart block with a single turbo kit. Car weighs 3350 with driver.

Front spring rate?
Rear spring rate?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Front springs would be 200-225 lbs and 150 in the rear are the rear shocks doubles or singles? You need to figure out where your shocks and struts are set, count the clicks, write it down, and post it.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fronts and backs are single adjustable and are all the way loose. As far as where they are at in the travel I do not know. I'll have to measure them at ride then lift the car up to see how much extension there is....I.E. where the shafts are in travel.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
found out I have 12" 130's in the rear...the shock stays all the way extended even when you set it back on the ground. Might load maybe a 1/2"! At this rate I have no extension. Looks like I need to try a 110?

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
figured out the problem. Previous owner put 13" overall length shocks on instead of the 17" Then put on 12" 130 springs. He had to compress the springs in order to get them on the shock. Going to put the Strange S5006 on.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
right now the rear shocks do not move at all! They are stuck at full extension with the spring pre-load. Not to mention they are too short.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts