Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a newb here guys but I have followed yellowbullet for quite some time. I have a 91 Mustang with a BBC, and I need help with headers. I ordered some Dynatechs, the passenger fit great but the drivers side not even close. I have AJE k member and trans crossmember, tubular a arms and coilovers. I really cant afford 1500 dollar headers. Has anyone used Kooks ? Any help is greatly appreciated. Im really sorry for this being my first post guys, last time I tried to register, u guys werent accepting. Hope to get to know you guys...

Thanks, Jerad Stone

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Haven't used then but have heard of others that have and they liked them. Hope you get more responses, but here's a bump for you.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I heard Dynatechs work good. Guy I know has his car on CL right now and used them on a 427 non tall deck. He didnt have any quarrels that I have heard. I dont know which K member he is using though.

Stay away from Kooks IMO I know the SBF's hang REALLY low and I would put money the BBC ones do also. Great header but damn from what I seen everything they make hangs really low in this chassis

·
Registered
383 Posts
If you want cheap , make what u have work , or best fit is coustom headers hands down kooks are not cheap same with lemons , for what u pay for them u could get a set built

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just talked to Kooks and a dude named Koolaid was cool as hell. He is supposed to get back with me and see what kind of "deal" he can make me...

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have the dynatechs on my bbc mustang. I have an Aje k member and lower control arms. Standard deck 454 block with exhaust ports in stock position.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I have decided to go with the Kooks. I kind of think they are a lil overkill, 2 1/4 primaries with 4 inch collectors. My motor made 825 hp. Do you guys think it would hurt me if I put reducers on the headers to put 3 1/2 in. mufflers to gain some ground clearance ?

·
Registered
254 Posts
i would keep what u have cause theyre paid for and not sure if u can return them. without knowing your fad skill level of course, i say make em work. if your not a skilled welder or are a shit fabricator, check with a local chassis shop on redoing the dr. side header. of course i have to make stuff work because im broke.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts