Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one got an idea what Musco charges for the great lights like used at a good track? Wonder what price is per pole, installed? And how many you need to have, total, to light it up good? Thanks for any info. I looked all over the net, hard to get a price...Options are to email Musco...........I am hoping a YB member may have info.

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh well...I guess not :)...do you know anyone that may know what is the best deal for a Drag Strip, as far as lights go?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I don't know if you can Google earth PBIR, but they have a good lighting layout. Track is nice and lit up as well as the majority of the pit area.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Musco is hands down the best lighting out there but its HUGE money. One light stand (pole) with lights can run over $100,000 depending on the setup. I'm sure they have other options though.

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW!!!!!! 100k per pole.....wow...big money
I understand, it is hard to say...will get more info...thanks!!!

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
Any used equipment available from utility companies?

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
WOW!!!!!! 100k per pole.....wow...big money
I understand, it is hard to say...will get more info...thanks!!!

That is for a pole with a TON of lighting on it.... Call them, they are a great company and will work with you on exactly what you need.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm a electrical contractor and I bid a highschool's football field project about a year ago. If my memory is correct a musco lighting package with 4 poles was a half million. They are the best though. They come with a 10 year maintaince package though. Every thing bulbs and all are covered in that price.

·
Registered
286 Posts
George, call Royce at MIR in Maryland. When he renovated a few years ago, I think he used them.

Tom Sr.

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Guys, we are just checking around...I knew someone out there knows this stuff :)

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
a good electrical engineer that does site/athletic/parking design can help you out. if you have a hard time finding one, contact a civil engineer, they will know someone.

·
Registered
16 Posts
First off, Musco lights are NOT $100K per pole, even with ALOT of lights. Nor are most jobs $500K. Musco plays their cards close to the vest, and YES they are pricey, but, they are the best out there as well. Typically they work with a few local area electrical contractors/installers in a "protected" area. The installers must be top notch, and have the equipment and man power to do the job right the first time. Crane, auger trucks, gell truck with water tanks etc. My company did one of these at a church several years ago. Two baseball fields, I heard the Musco # was around $175K. That did not include the electrical. Part of the process is the engineering, and the projected use. They wont sell without a FULL photometric study and plans. This alot like surgery, NOT CHEAP, and they DON'T negotiate. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
First off, Musco lights are NOT $100K per pole, even with ALOT of lights.
Yes, they can be that much. I was part of a project that paid that much. All depends on what you want/need. they do have other options but properly lighting a racetrack is a BIG project and it will cost accordingly.

The 100K per pole is for EVERYTHING. Not just the pole and lights. Engineering, work crew, equipment, planning, etc...

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
First off, Musco lights are NOT $100K per pole, even with ALOT of lights. Nor are most jobs $500K. Musco plays their cards close to the vest, and YES they are pricey, but, they are the best out there as well. Typically they work with a few local area electrical contractors/installers in a "protected" area. The installers must be top notch, and have the equipment and man power to do the job right the first time. Crane, auger trucks, gell truck with water tanks etc. My company did one of these at a church several years ago. Two baseball fields, I heard the Musco # was around $175K. That did not include the electrical. Part of the process is the engineering, and the projected use. They wont sell without a FULL photometric study and plans. This alot like surgery, NOT CHEAP, and they DON'T negotiate. Good luck.
which is what I suggested an electrical engineer that does site lighting.

i know my dad knew the guys that did Daytona Speedway almost 20 years ago. doubt he would remember or they would still be around

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Bill Sawyer at Virginia Motor Speedway in Saluda Va. could probably help you out also. He had Musco install the the lights at the VMS which is dirt and He and his brother and Father Paul had them put the lights in at Richmond International. Bill is a good guy.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yes it can be a half mil for four poles. I'm sure it depends on the package and how a ton of other factors. The package I was referring to each light could be remotely moved to cover the field. If one light went out other lights could be moved by musco remotely to compensate. I sure they have more basic packages that cost less but they can be that expensive

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the Info. I got an email into the Sales group at Musco...gonna see what is up.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The high school my kids go to just got done installing a Musco setup on all the sports fields (football, 2 baseball fields, one of which is also a "multi-use" type field and a softball field). 18 poles, about 85' tall, 12-16 lights on each pole, with some of the poles being positioned so that they can cover two fields at once. Bid through a local electrical contractor, using Musco engineering and technical data, the project was $1,049,000. That includes a 25 year warranty with annual lighting element (not sure if they call them "bulbs") inspection and cleaning, cover cleaning and directional evaluation and adjustment (meaning they measure the light on the respective field and then adjust the lights as needed). This was a "government job", but also low bid, and in California, so take that as you will....Probably a little more complicated than a dragstrip, where the poles are layed out in fairly linear array, but just offering up some info.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts