Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you bike guys run there?

I have always had issue with guard rails and grass down the middle at any track. I really want to go run the NHDRO Races there, buuuttttt The rails and grass are stopping me.

Any one else feel that way?

Sucks for me, looks like a great racing series, and I hate to just go to Indy for the one race left there this year.

·
Registered
492 Posts
not sure about muncy but theres a 2 wheel speed race at byron dragway in il. at the end of the month. theres a race sat and one on sunday. i am going to see what its about. supposed to be a really nice track and a good turnout of bikes for that series.

·
Registered
46 Posts
We run there.....I tell my riders to shut it down if anything goes wrong.

I just hope for the best

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I've raced there and have had 0 issues. If it was closer, it would be my every weekend track.

ETA: Just noticed the forum I was in. My 4 wheels are disqualified from this thread. lol

·
Registered
766 Posts
Thought Muncie lost the grass about 2 years ago?

I havent ran there in awhile, but someone told me they repaved the entire track and lost the grass.

·
Registered
323 Posts
YES it DOES have grass between the lanes and YES it DOES have steel guard rails. Some of the grass was replaced with concrete near the starting line a few years ago. But it still has grass on the top end. How fast is you bike, and what class are you running? The ProComp class is 1/8 mile.

·
Registered
239 Posts
That track does not look good, guard rails and grass in the middle - looks kinda like the blvd, only difference is the speed limit is 45.

Go towards the middle you crash, get on the guard rail you have a split personality.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts