Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always run a manual transmission car (5 speed nash) car is 3220lbs with driver. sbc (large) contemplateing going to auto. 1st question is p/g or 400?? and are there any quesses as to how much the car will slow down with the auto in it???? will I need to change rear gear ratio??? currently 4.88 car goes thru traps at 7800 with 30" tire. just trying to see if it will work . also everyone says I'll be bored with the auto ????? thoughts anyone????:confused:

·
Super Moderator
19,977 Posts
If you want fun I would suggest a 400 , if you want consistency on marginal tracks maybe you should consider a glide. The rpm will increase slightly over the stick shift and I think around 5-8% more rpm will be seen at the stripe. I think the car may be faster with the auto but I don't know what type of clutch and trans (clutchless?) you are currently running.

Hutch

·
Registered
874 Posts
any quesses as to how much the car will slow down with the auto in it????
I'll be bored with the auto ????? :confused:
2/10s slower, thats 2 tenths more time to be bored w/auto :-D.

---Bill.

·
from across the pond...
6,961 Posts
I have always run a manual transmission car (5 speed nash) car is 3220lbs with driver. sbc (large) contemplateing going to auto. 1st question is p/g or 400?? and are there any quesses as to how much the car will slow down with the auto in it???? will I need to change rear gear ratio??? currently 4.88 car goes thru traps at 7800 with 30" tire. just trying to see if it will work . also everyone says I'll be bored with the auto ????? thoughts anyone????:confused:
if it was a clutched shift then you will gain time wether it's a TH400 or Glide...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts