Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been looking at buying a dragster but dont know much about them i have been running a door car for the past five years mullis/worthy/undercover seems to be the three cars of choice whats your opinion.

·
Registered
445 Posts
check out Phantom Race Cars .net They just received best engeneered at Houston NHRA nationals, they are in Venice Fla.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
check out Phantom Race Cars .net They just received best engeneered at Houston NHRA nationals, they are in Venice Fla.
ill have to check them out what do most people prefer four link slip joint hard tail ive been told you have to have at least 1000 hp to get good results out of a four link or slip joint car

·
hyperformanceracing.com
2,247 Posts
I've had the guys at Mullis do a little work while in Florida, these guys are top notch all the way. I can get you a contact number if interested.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
My friend has a Undercover hardtail. It has to be at least 6 years old (He won Super Comp at the Vegas National event in 2004). It's a really nice sturdy piece. It's still really consistent from what I have heard.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My friend has a Undercover hardtail. It has to be at least 6 years old (He won Super Comp at the Vegas National event in 2004). It's a really nice sturdy piece. It's still really consistent from what I have heard.
is it for sale

·
Registered
137 Posts
M&M Racecars out of Tennessee builds as good a car as anyone. I think they have some pretty good deals going right now

·
Registered
104 Posts
A true dragster should be built for the power You are going to run but most places just 4-link them and good luck. I will say this if You can't understand the linkages they are probably too complicated.
Steve
ps running a slip joint car for 15 years 8.60's to 7.10's

·
Registered
396 Posts
Check out TNT race cars out of the Forney, TX area. Tommy Phillips and crew build some killer stuff.

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
Undercover is and has been the standard by which all others have been compared since Kurt started putting them on the track. He is close to you. Go over there and spend some time talking with them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here is my thoughs everyone has there own thoughs on dragsters i own a diamond this is my 2nd one. i believe that the car is the best i have drove it is a dual sus. 238" car. Everyone you talk to is goin to tell you there car is the best. i think if you are bracket racing the only way to go is a dual sus car the ride is 2 nd to none, but a reg sus swing arm would be a good choice. if you are looking to re sell the car in a yr or 2 i would say buy one of the cars you have just mention. i sold my car after 3 yrs and just built the new one tickled to death with it.Give Dan at Diamond a call 419-875-4080 and ask for a price the local guys build good cars also

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
i have been looking at buying a dragster but dont know much about them i have been running a door car for the past five years mullis/worthy/undercover seems to be the three cars of choice whats your opinion.
I have both a Race Tech and an Undercover both are 4 link cars. The 4 links stop so much better I don't know how many times i've watched hardtail cars bounce past me after the finish with there shutes out. I never pull my shute unless I'm going quicker than 7's. Both are great companies to deal with.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Just about any of the brands mentioned above are good cars. If they were not, they would no longer be in business.

It really just comes down to personal preference. You should go to a big dollar bracket race in your area and look at them all. Just take a look and see what you like best. Ask the owners if you can sit in them so you see what is comfortable, most won't mind if you sit n them.

Almost 3 years ago I sold my Undercover slip joint. I then spent a couple of months looking at just about every brand out there. I finally decided on American as it had the features I wanted, was comfortable and had an interior/accesory layout I liked.

·
Registered
38 Posts
By far the best that i have personally drove, it would have to be an American. These cars are built by Mark Horton and Travis Colongolo in Millbury, Ohio. For myself, These cars are by far the smoothest, best handeling, most forgiving, well built cars on the market today. I've driven just about all of the major builders cars and have owned several different type's of dragsters over the years. These cars repeat like none other. If you're going to buy new the also hold thier value very,very well. Take a look at most of the super comp boy's /comp/ T/D / and major money winners. They are all just about in one of American's cars. Whatever you decide to buy, good luck with the purchase.---Mark

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
You may want to look at a Miller as well... Ray builds one of the nicest diggers out there. They still race and win them themselves, so they are aware of what current racers want or need. Besides Ray being a super nice guy to deal with...

As for Suspended or hard tail? Suspended, no question. If for no other eason then resale.

·
green to go
2,147 Posts
As for Suspended or hard tail? Suspended, no question. If for no other eason then resale.
and get a 23/24" wide cage.... that seems to be a big issue with the "money racers" :) shame this post didn't show up a couple weeks earlier.....just sold a 2009 undercover roller that was brand new.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Ive had Undercover , Mullis and now an American , they are all nice cars , since you are in FLA , any one of the 3 you named is close to you and good stuff. Worthy is harder to get ahold of on the phone for me... We loved our Mullis , just make sure you get a swingarm car , at least 235" long,(240" if using a drysump ) a 23" cage , and you'll be happy .....

1 - 20 of 42 Posts