Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good sounding muffler for a street driven car(3")? I need something with a nice sound but not trying to wake up all the kids in town.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
It depends on what you consider a nice sound. I personally like a deep, mellow sound, so I like absorption type mufflers like Hooker Max Flow, Dynomax Ultra Flow, Magnaflow, Borla, etc. If you like the Flowmaster sound, there are different options for that.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts

·
Former RJ instigator
41,086 Posts
Dynomax racing bullets.

I put the 2.5 in-out shorty version on my sons mustang, it ran alot better with them verses the flowmasters, and was alot quieter.

Cp

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
Running tailpipes will quiet it down some. Anything with 3 inch and dumps will be kinda loud.

·
Beer me!!
22,507 Posts
A buddy of mine put some turbo mufflers on his Nova with a mild 383, that he bought at Midas. Those things sound awesome!! They are nice and quiet when cruising, but when you get in the peddal the are loud, and have an awesome tone!! Who would have thought a cheap generic muffler would sound so good?

·
Former RJ instigator
41,086 Posts
I've always liked the cheap muffler shops turbos if they are big enough in/out they sound bad to the bone.

Cp

·
Registered
676 Posts
Got Spintechs on mine atm but the Edelbrocks I had before were quieter and deeper sounding. I would use those again.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Flame away but I love the way my 50 series flows sound with the x pipe and full tails. I know I am giving up et but they sound great. I dont like how they sound on a stock engine but on a hot street motor they still have the best sound IMO

My neighbors tell me they can "feel" my car over a block away before they can actually hear it pull up:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts