Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to find threads but this new site is frustrating me. What are you guys running for mufflers on the street with 2 1/2" pipe?

·
Pontiac "big block"
9,350 Posts
Flowmaster 40s, and Jegs version of a 40.

Idgaf if they flow like shit. On a street car I'll sacrifice a little hp for some sound.

·
Western North Carolina
20,418 Posts
I run 3 inch Thrush Rattlers on the vega. They are about as close to the old school thrush as you can get and sound awesome.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Do they drone at cruise?
Have a single super 44 on my Boosted S-10, (4.3 ProCharged) mine drones like CRAZY! But I have no tailpipes, just muffler behind the cab then nothing so I'm sure I could clean up the drone with some tailpipes. Between that truck, my WS6 and my Harley my neighbors all hate me.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I went the other way and toned mine down with Walker Quiet Flows. Louder than stock but quieter than Blowmasters

·
Registered
43 Posts
In my opinion, there's not a better sounding muffler than Hooker Aero Chambers. I'm running 3" dumped at the axle... it's a little loud at idle but quietens right up at cruise.

·
Moderater
12,888 Posts
Do they drone at cruise?
My 3 inch 40s drone like a bitch just off idle. They are going bye bye when I swap out the engine..

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I run Flowmaster 50's with 3" pipe,x-pipe and full 3" tailpipes. A tick of drone at 55...at 60 plus it gets pretty quiet(60 is 2800 rpm)

·
LS Powah!
10,853 Posts

·
Registered
25,260 Posts
Flowmaster 40s with Hushmaster 12" behind them about 3 feet. Exhaust exits in front of rear tires.

·
Read Only
5,341 Posts
I have always run Hooker aero chamber mufflers, less restrictive, and nice sound, like the turbo muffs of old, not that rappy shit flowmaster has.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
I like the Hooker Super Comp mufflers.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I loved the dynomax super turbos when I had a 2.5"

I went to 3" and put on pypes race pros, hate them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,045 Posts
Stainless Borlas for me. The non-stainless stuff I had tried in the past didn't live very long. Take care. Tom Worthington

1 - 20 of 48 Posts