Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting together a car with a big block. Should be over 500 hp. The car is an unfinished project and came with some 3" knock off Flowmaster mufflers. I am running larger headers and a 3" exhaust.

My question is how bad and the chambered muffler going to hold me back? Exhaust will go all the way to the rear of the car in a nice straight shot.

I am willing to buy some better ones if I am leaving much HP on the table. If you have any suggestions on a reasonable 3" good flowing muffler I am all ears.

Thank you for your thoughts!

· Registered
123 Posts
If it were a race car and your tech dept mandated mufflers I would say Burns Stainless or the likes acting as part of the collector extension. Being that you are running tube all the way to the back I’m guessing it’s not

For street/strip SpinTech Pro Street 6000 or 9000 depending on how loud you like it. They make a sportsman too, that will knock down sound even more and all 3 of those ^^^ flow well. Never tested a hush master or whatever it’s called but it looks restrictive

Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Grille Bumper

· Registered
1,648 Posts
Just be weary of the large case oval mufflers, you can easily add 50-60lbs with 6’ of 3” tubing and a pair of them. I know my mild steel 3” x pipe with 2 dynomax ultra flo ovals was almost 70lbs with the hangers and turndowns. Sounded so good though, and wasn’t loud at all.

· ls1 s/s notch on 28s
26,585 Posts
Ultraflows, pypes m80s all work..ultras have a deeper bass tone where the m80s are like longer bullets an have more of a higher pitch crackle sound to them.

The knock off magnaflows on Amazon are nice an straight threw

1 - 20 of 64 Posts