Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
38,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meet Harli White, age 18, championship sprint car driver. Oklahoma state champion in the Lucas Oil ASCS series. We watched her race here last night, with 20 other nationally-recognized drivers, and take third in the A-main. She's about 4-8" and 100 pounds soaking wet.

But the girl has an amazing story, and an even more amazing reason for her mission to be the best at what she does. Take ten minutes and watch this film. You'll be inspired by her strength and determination.

·
Registered
21,609 Posts
Damn....

·
Registered
148 Posts
Not to tough to admit that brought a tear to my eye. That girl is an inspiration.

·
Registered
38,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not to tough to admit that brought a tear to my eye. That girl is an inspiration.
There wasn't a dry eye in the place when she and the second-place driver were brought to the winner's circle along with the winner and publically acknowledged. On top of all the emotion, she's a damn good driver, who fought her way from midpack to third, and would have probably won had the race continued for 5 more laps.

I don't know that much about sprint cars, but I believe the ASCS cars run 360CID engines and I know there's a 410CID class that runs in one of the series (World of Outlaws?). If she can find the funding to run at that level, that's probably where she'll wind up.

·
Banned
119,191 Posts
I think espn had a show about her .Tough impressive young lady.

·
Registered
28,611 Posts
Very inspirational. I watched her story a while back on MavTV.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Thanks for posting that! I was having one of those "days" and that put me right in my place.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
She is an amazing young lady. I seen her race several times when I was in Texas working and she can race with the best of them. It's Awesome that she won the state title for ASCS sprints. She runs the regional tour that run the 360 CID motors. They have a national tour as well that run the 410 CID motors like the WOO sprints.

It was a sad twist to her story when Donnie Ray was killed. It's very fitting her tribute to him. I hope she continues on with her dream and gets to whatever level she aspires to get to. Simply amazing.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts