275 Drag Radial program at Mason Dixon Dragway. The rules are
posted on the MSRA web site.

Greg

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rules

The Rules as posted on the MSRA Web Site.

Here are the rules we are going to start with, which could see some revisions after the end of this season. Our goal is to have 1-2 races before the end of the current season.

General-
Heads Up Class
.400 Pro Tree
1/8 mile, 1st to the finish wins
All competitors are to use a 275 Drag Radial Tire (50 or 60 series) Must say 275 on Sidewall
All Run Field with qualifying to set up a Pro Ladder

Suspension-
Stock Front Frame Rails required, direct replacement light weight components allowed (k-member,coilovers,etc.)
Front k-member may be modified for rack and pinion and oil pan access
Stock Rear Frame rails required, may be notced for tire clearance
Ladder Bar and Coilovers OK with stock rear frame rails
Welded in Anti-Roll OK
No wheelie bars

Engine-
Single Stage Nitrous Systems only-extra solenoids and components will need to be disabled and easily inspected
Single Turbo and Centrifugal Superchargers allowed without the aid of water to air intrcoolers or Meth/Water injection
Roots Blower allowed with 2 carbs or injection
No multiple power adders (Twin Turbos, Blower with N2O,etc.)
Multiple carbs and/or Sheetmetal intakes allowed only on Normally Aspirated Combos Only

Interior/exterior-
2 Front seat, covered door panels and factory appearing dash required and carpet,emphasis on Street Appearing
Fiberglass limited to Hood, Hood Scoop and front and rear bumpers.
Factory OEM or OEM Replacement windows required-No Lexan, Speedglass or similar Light weight replacements with the
exception of rear windows on trucks (rollbar access)
No Race Car Lettering-Stickers for sponsors or contigency OK.

Exhaust-
Mufflers required on all cars except Turbos

Electronics-Trans Brakes OK. No throttle stops, Delay Boxes or other bracket racing aids allowed.

All rules are enforced by MSRA Representatives.Anyone caught cheating will lose all winnings and be banned from future MSRA events.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
What are the predicted ET's for the class?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Matt's posting on the MSRA Web Site

This thread was posted on the MSRA web site by Matt

The class will be challenging, with the smaller tire. But with the limits on power adders, cars will have less HP to harness as well. WIth Progressive Timers and Digital 7 boxes, alot can be done. And as I mentioned, I don't expect cars to run faster than mid to high 5 second 1/8 mile times, not 5 flat. Quite a few racers have already contacted me and said they were game, so they know what they are up against. What you need to understand is that there are alot of cars that are parked now, not because of the track, but they were outclassed, out spent or didn't want to spend a fortune at the Chassis Shop turning their cages into Jungle Jims to get a new Certification. And they want to beat the guy in the next lane, not set a World Record. We had cars that ran 75/80 in our Real Street trim (similar rules) that could go 5.60's in the 1/8. And most run a Powerglide.

·
Registered
722 Posts
  1. Single stage only on NOS ??? WTF nice way to help out the nos guys:smt064NOT

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Sounds like

Sounds like True Street here in Texas True Ten 5, with the exception of the fiberglass being limited to hood only and there is no lightweight components on the front end (except Mustang and later Camaro K members) In other words, no Kim Smith type front ends on early Camaros and Novas.

The fastest pass we have seen here in competition is a 5.53 @ 125 and some change.

I didn't see the link for the rules on that particular class.....what are the weight breaks?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The turbo or supercharger have to use a air to air intercooler only and no meth injection. This could be an equalizer.
It has been stated that the rules will be reviewed over the off season.
This is a starting point for this class.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
The turbo or supercharger have to use a air to air intercooler only and no meth injection. This could be an equalizer.
It has been stated that the rules will be reviewed over the off season.
This is a starting point for this class.

You are probably right, the Turbo size limit in our class here is a 76 with an air to air only.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
The record down south for a single stage nos sb car at 3100 lbs is 5.37/129

Here's a link to the rules: http://www.mafia-motorsports.com/forums/mafia_motorsports_real_street_class/9502-real_street_rules.html

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
The record down south for a single stage nos sb car at 3100 lbs is 5.37/129

What size tire is that on?....that's definitely hookin em up. Is that a yellow Chevelle? I think I have seen that car before.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
What about weights? Don't see anything in the rules about a minimum weight.

With those rules, I don't see why the front runners shouldn't be in the 5.40-5.50 range no problem.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sounds like True Street here in Texas True Ten 5, with the exception of the fiberglass being limited to hood only and there is no lightweight components on the front end (except Mustang and later Camaro K members) In other words, no Kim Smith type front ends on early Camaros and Novas.

The fastest pass we have seen here in competition is a 5.53 @ 125 and some change.

I didn't see the link for the rules on that particular class.....what are the weight breaks?

No rules on weight for the class. The rules posted is a cut and paste
from the MSRA Web Site.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
What size tire is that on?....that's definitely hookin em up. Is that a yellow Chevelle? I think I have seen that car before.
275 drag radial

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Man

It is cool that judging by the rules you could run a fogger, in our class it has to be a single stage, single pair of solenoids with a purge with one entry point for nitrous and one for fuel.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Here we go again John ,

So this class is not willing to give a second stage for a car that has no progressive controller and no 7531 box ???

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Here we go again John ,

So this class is not willing to give a second stage for a car that has no progressive controller and no 7531 box ???
We'll just have to wait to see if VMP will run us again later in the month or wait until the OSBA Sept 27 race.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Sounds interesting to me.........Id need to see what the minimum N/A wieght would be though.

Rich

1 - 20 of 55 Posts