Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I am eating these boxes like crazy, had the car rewired and BS3 installed with new MSD 8 box. Car will run 20 + minutes and then box dies. We have checked the wiring and grounding numerous times and all correct. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It is becoming very frustrating!! The box is mounted under the Dash so not getting hot.

·
Registered
32,362 Posts
Your alternator probably has a bad diode. Set your DVM on AC Volts and check at the alternator output stud. There should be no more than one-tenth Volt of AC. It is best to check it with an oscilloscope if you have one. I suppose the trigger input detector circuit could be damaged if the trigger wires were close enough to really high amperage cables like battery to starter. Is the white wire connected to anything? It shouldn’t be if you are using the green and purple magnetic input.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
well; i would start with basics.

check the red leads for power,.(remove coil wire from distributor cap..keep it about an 1/2 from ground) .....then try touching the
white wire to ground ...( with power to the thin red wire) to
see if it fires the coil ..

is there anything else on the points lead ? the leads going from the box to the coil .....( check to see if they are grounded )

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input, I will start checking these items when I get home. I do have a 16V alternator on the car but running 12v battery. But was told that would not matter?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts