Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I only need to set up the boost retard curve or should I set up the timing to RPM as well and what should I set it at .

Sorry for all the Q. I have never set one of these up and don't want to hurt anything.

Mike

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
This is what mine looked like. The distributer was locked at 42*. At cruise there was no retard giving it the affect of vacuum advance. I left a lot of timing in it until a couple pounds of boost and then pulled aggressively at first then more slowly. This was a pump gas tune.

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just used the boost regard with the distributor locked out.
Thanks , how much do you take out and when do you start.

This is what mine looked like. The distributer was locked at 42*. At cruise there was no retard giving it the affect of vacuum advance. I left a lot of timing in it until a couple pounds of boost and then pulled aggressively at first then more slowly. This was a pump gas tune.

[/QUOTE]

Links don't work and I would like to see them.

·
Registered
105 Posts

[/QUOTE]

What type of times are you running??and what engine mods..thanks

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I looked over my records and that was at 9psi and went high 6's in 100 degree heat on 93 oct.
Later I switched to E50, 1.48 60', [email protected], [email protected] on 15psi in good air. The motor is nothing special, 358w, AFR185, [email protected] .512" $99 HFT cam/lifter from summit, 9.2:1 cr, TorkerII intake, home modded 650dp, E50 fuel, 3400 lbs. This is the graph at 15psi.

·
Registered
105 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
C & S down loaded there program in my 6al-2 when I bought there blow thru aerosol carb. locked out @32 and ran flawless on engine dyno.

sbf 351/427 twin 62/65's pump gas
still putting it together.
Bill

·
Registered
664 Posts
Brian...what plug gap did you run on the E50?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Brian...what plug gap did you run on the E50?
.020", a very famous tuner said you lose a lot of power if even one cylinder does not fire because of wide gaps and gain very little, if any from wide gaps. I tried .024" and worked with a non resistor plug and it worked, but the same plug in a resistor plug misfired under boost. I went back to .020" and never had another problem. I will say though that I never verified phasing on the rotor. That could have contributed to the problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts