Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I would say they are dwell limited in some way, that is the only reason they cannot make the same power.. haltech and motec have cars approaching 5000hp (with actual time slips to back it up not just a wanky dyno sheets to impress newbs on the internet) with zero issues and they don't have to "run lean" like the holley and other users say they "have" too.. its amazing they come up with a $2500 option "fix" the problem that does not exist for other brands....

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you hold all timing with full boost, then ok, you CAN run with 70psi boost. Let´s sayed, if you need to take timing off in track then with rich fuel ratio it´s not work anymore, how it´s need. Here is my point!
WE ARE tested smart coils vs CDI in my car there was big difference ( No MATTER what ECU you use).
So you can run with smart coil but do you want, if you car works better with CDI ???

Andres

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I take timing away all the time, no issues, your clutching at straws to prove something that plenty of people have and will prove as incorrect time and time again, awesome that the CDI works for you that's great, but its not needed when everything else is correct,

·
Registered
168 Posts
I take timing away all the time, no issues, your clutching at straws to prove something that plenty of people have and will prove as incorrect time and time again, awesome that the CDI works for you that's great, but its not needed when everything else is correct,
There is nothing wrong with my car. We are running with power management unit and FT600 ECU.
All wiring is done 110% good ( Mil spec wiring).
So no point to come say, that something is wrong in my car. Ok

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Two guys who make big power and speed arguing over the details of ignitions coils. What a time to be alive! Thanks to both of you for your input.
What settings do you use when making big power for the coils? What things do you look out for?

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
What settings do you use when making big power for the coils? What things do you look out for?
depending on the motor, 6.5-8ms dwell time at high boost/rpm, 3ish at idle. At 7.5ms if you have all 8 wired to the same power feed they will be pulling around 40amps at 8500rpm. that's where most people fail they use 20ga power and earth wire.. at 70psi im at 8ms on my car..

21 - 27 of 27 Posts