Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know how you guys are retarding multiple systems. I have a True Street vehicle running mid 10's on motor. I have 2 pro race foggers on it and need to know the best way to retard timing.

I have a digital 6 box that will pull 9.9 degrees out. I also have a MSD timing control unit as well. I have my motor on 36 degrees and would like to pull 12 to 14 degrees out for 1st stage and another 8 to 10 degrees on the second.

My question is: can the digital 6 in conjunction with the MSD timing controller be used together to pull that much timing out and if so will I have a problem with the rotor going out of phase? I also have a crank trigger.

·
Trevor Stripling
1,521 Posts
Yes the MSD DIG6 along with the timing control box can work together. You will need to use the timing control box to pull the first stage timing because it is greater than 9.9 (or lower your initial timing). Then use the DIG6 retard for your second kit.

A good starting piont its to phase your rotor half way between your initial timing (36) and the combined timing point with both kits on (36-(12 + 8) = 16). So about 26 deg.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.