Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellas. Im running a MSD 6AL with a 3 steb in the drag car. Mild BBC with a small 100 shot from time to time just incase. Im looking for a retard box and maybe even the start retard function. Is the 6AL still a good box to add this retard module to or are the digital units WAY better? I can buy a nice used retard box but got to thinking if Im leaving anything on the table by not being digital? Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Still run a 6Al and have two spares here. One reason i haven't upgraded, and to be honest i don't think i would pick up any if i did.

·
e85 & injection guru
5,391 Posts
i still have 6t and 8730, 8690 modules from the 80's dirt car still kicking ,they were supported, water proofed, and insulated better than any reg. 6 box ever made . it was the box painted blue with ford and chevy numbers for nascar and below

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I need to buy a box too, MSD 6 dig or analog?? whats best coil for the 6??
Can you still buy an analog 6al? I see they have an analog 6aln which means approved by nascar for the connector or something?

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Just read up on the 6al digital, its not programable just different way of firing. Like i said i have 3 older 6 AL's so i haven't read up on the new stuff except the grid. So the 6Al digital would be fine, and i like to use the Blaster high vibration coils. Shoot me a pm on a price.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'm putting togerther a new dragster and I was going to buy a new digital.But after taliking to some other racers decided to put a 7AL I had on the shelf in.They said its kind of a pain to have a laptop everytime you need to make a change.Also in bright sunlight you can't see the screen.So I figured why waste the $.I'm sure there are features in some classes the digital is essential, but for me a bracket racer no big deal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.