Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At what hp level is a digital 6 not enough. Have a friend with bbf 850hp on motor with a 350hp shot of nos, he was wondering if the ignition was enough to handle this. This is with a HVC coil. Thanks Damon

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
me

My personal opinion, if total h.p. is over about 650 with the gas. I'd go a 7531. Especially with all the bells and whistles that it has for nitrous.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He knows that is a better box as far as tuning goes and would be the best choice,but he was just wondering if the digi 6 has enough balls to light the fire minus the bells and whistles? Thanks for the input. Damon

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
lighting

It would probably light the fire, I run one on a 700 h.p. 500 c.i. big block.....but it rarely sees the spray.

·
Trevor Stripling
1,519 Posts
Mine fires off 1200+ hp right out of the hole with no problems.

·
"Someday"
2,426 Posts
Mine fires off 1200+ hp right out of the hole with no problems.

Damn it man, no wonder your on the bumper or blowing the tires. Now it makes sense why ol flip flops and that sbc are working you over. LOL
Hit me up on a pm, I got a 75301 box and HVC coil for a smoking deal. BOTH are new in the box.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
i have a digital 6 with the hvc p/n 8252 coil on my 555. on raw made 827(crank) and i am hitting with with roughly 225-250hp from a plate. car has made 868whp ON REAL 93 PUMPGAS. iv had this box for 5 years now and it has never failed me once. I think the limitation of a digital 6 is the engine's overall cylinder pressure/rpm range. if you have a motor with 230+ cylinder pressure and it spins to 7800rpm id say you might look to upgrade.

·
Trevor Stripling
1,519 Posts
Damn it man, no wonder your on the bumper or blowing the tires. Now it makes sense why ol flip flops and that sbc are working you over. LOL
Hit me up on a pm, I got a 75301 box and HVC coil for a smoking deal. BOTH are new in the box.
She is coming around now. Thanks, but I am gonna stick with the dig 6 for now.

Trevor

·
Registered
49,830 Posts
12v I have seen them give up at 700hp 600 lb ft to the tire at 16 psi of boost. at 16v they go alot further but I have no testing for that.

I'd say if you have a 16 volt system its marginal. Go with a 7 series if you do not have a 16v system for sure.

At what hp level is a digital 6 not enough. Have a friend with bbf 850hp on motor with a 350hp shot of nos, he was wondering if the ignition was enough to handle this. This is with a HVC coil. Thanks Damon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts