Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does the MSD boost controller get a bad rap? Looking into buying a boost controller just want to hear good or bad about this controller. Thanks Mark

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Mark, you should talk to Grant McCreary he has some interesting things(good things) to say about the MSD controller!

·
My Own Worst Enemy
3,411 Posts

·
HeadCaseRacing
11,611 Posts
I like the system but just kept on loosing power and not power up. Went threw three of them

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
i have heard they are bad about going bad

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems like alot of MSD stuff is that way. 7531's, boost controllers. I'm not interested in buying 3 or 4 of them to get a good one.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Seems like alot of MSD stuff is that way. 7531's, boost controllers. I'm not interested in buying 3 or 4 of them to get a good one.
i have had my 7531 for like 6 years and havent had a problem with it yet. and my 7562 for 3 years and works great. well worth the money you spend on the boost controler.

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Before I purchased my AMS, I got the software for the MSD and checked it out. Looks like a nice controller but I've heard rumblings about them going back so I got the tried and true AMS. I could be wrong but the MSD looked like you needed a laptop to program it. Being able to make quick adjustments in the staging lanes is money.

·
Peeing In Your Cheerios
8,512 Posts
Why does the MSD boost controller get a bad rap? Looking into buying a boost controller just want to hear good or bad about this controller. Thanks Mark
I have it, lots of outlaw 10.5w and radial guys have it too.

It works fine but you cant make last minute changes from thr drivers seat.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have it, lots of outlaw 10.5w and radial guys have it too.

It works fine but you cant make last minute changes from thr drivers seat.
thats not completly true. i have a cable blaster and could change my msd in the lanes if i wanted to. but would have to bring my laptop up with me. i myself dont like to make last min changes.:)

·
My Own Worst Enemy
3,411 Posts
It can also be used with the 7550 hand held programmer.

·
Peeing In Your Cheerios
8,512 Posts
thats not completly true. i have a cable blaster and could change my msd in the lanes if i wanted to. but would have to bring my laptop up with me. i myself dont like to make last min changes.:)

Try that strapped into the drivers seat.

Lots of people mount the ams 1000 within arms reach.

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
With the AMS, you can check out the starting line and if its not quite there and you think the track will only hold a x.xx, you go back and load that setting in the AMS-1000 in maybe 4 clicks.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Try that strapped into the drivers seat.

Lots of people mount the ams 1000 within arms reach.
its cord less... i can set a laptop in my lap in lanes and be able to see what i am doing. i am no way taking away for the ams 1000 i have never used one. but i can tell the msd works for me. We have one of the quickets 60ft for a turbo car on 10.5.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts