Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO GUYS i have a ? i recently installed a MSD 8982 to help me get my car started and retard for 1 stage of nitrous . the box does both well but when i start the car after a day or so when its cold the car pops thru the mufflers till it warms up then it goes away i took out both 10* and 20* of timing at startup but no diff . It does not hurt performance, but i just dont like it is this normal or am i missing something ?

·
Registered
595 Posts
it might be because its so cold the car is extra rich and allowing more fuel to get in the pipe
and because of the retard theres enough combustion/heat getting into the pipe to ignite it
my .02

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it might be because its so cold the car is extra rich and allowing more fuel to get in the pipe
and because of the retard theres enough combustion/heat getting into the pipe to ignite it
my .02
ok that makes lot of sense my friend also told me tht it cld be also my short mufflers

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Do you have it wired to the ignition or the starter?
If you have violet wire to hot all the time the retard feature will not shut off till the motor revs past 1300 RPMs.
If the motor drops below 400 RPMs it will turn on again.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have it wired to the ignition or the starter?
If you have violet wire to hot all the time the retard feature will not shut off till the motor revs past 1300 RPMs.
If the motor drops below 400 RPMs it will turn on again.
to the battery and you are right once the car warms up and the idle steadys it stops doing it

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok finally got it right thanks everyone. i wired it to the stater wire and it comes on with the turn of the key and once the car starts it turns off. so wiring it to the battery was the problem. Thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts