Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
man , thats an old one.....back from the early 90's ...

The Programmable Timing Computer allows you to program an ignition curve for an engine with locked out timing or a crank trigger. The Timing Computer also has two optional features.
Start Retard: This optional feature will retard the timing 20° during cranking to ease starting. It is activated when 12 volts is applied to the Violet wire and turns off (timing returns to the total timing) when the voltage is removed. Connect this wire to the wire that activates the starter solenoid.
Note: The start timing retards 20° from the total timing.
High Speed Retard: A small amount of retard at high rpm or in times of nitrous can improve performance and save your engine from detonation caused by high cylinder pressures. This optional feature is adjustable with plug-in modules and is activated when the Gray wire is removed from ground. If this feature is not used, ground the Gray wire.
Timing Curve Adjustment Controls
There are three adjustable potentiometers on the side of the Programmable Timing Computer. They are adjusted by loosening the lock nut and then turning the pot with a flat blade screwdriver. All of the knobs are set at the full clockwise position at the factory, which means that they are Off and there

also , had a grey wire for a step retard.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol yeah I know

Friend has it and wants to use it for Nitrous

They make pills to retard the timing for it, just wondering how consistent it is.

I'm guessing you use your timing light to set it up while reving engine lol

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
yep , thats an oldie...but they worked great..

that was before digital ignitions took over ....but, you can still use any of the retard chips for the nitrous retard.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info....

I guess I will tell him to give it a shot.

I wonder if you can tie it into another ignition box retard for say a 2 stage deal?!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts