Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes....I'm stupid when it comes to electrical shit! Took top half of the motor apart to freshen heads. Put it back together, got spark to the plugs but will not fire. If I somehow shorted the box out, would I still get spark? How can I check this box to see if It is O.K.? Thanks Alot.....Moose.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can anyone help a dumbass out???

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
If you have spark, the box is probably alright. I would make sure the distributor is in the right spot and make sure you have fuel. Start back with the basics.

·
Tellin' it like it is
9,738 Posts
You disassembled and reassembled the top half of the motor, but you think it's the ignition box? hello mcfly. Check the timing, check the rockers, check the pushrods. something is afoot.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Distributor could be off a couple teeth... not enough timing????

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ive had 2 different MSD Digital 6 ign. boxes crap out on me for no apparent reason what so ever.. The last one did give out a spark, but only up till about 3000Rpm, higher than that, the engine would just sputter and caugh.. I did the "Spark test" MSD recomends, both boxes gave a spark, though a weak one, so that test is kinda BS, because the box might give you a spark in low Rpm, but not at higher.... Found an older AL7 box, hooked it up and al is well again...

Check wiring.. Has the box a good ground? Did you hook up the "Small Red" wake up wire? Is the main power wire hooked up directly to the + side of the battery? Did you get the dist. wires mixed up?

/Tom

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you have spark, the box is probably alright. I would make sure the distributor is in the right spot and make sure you have fuel. Start back with the basics.
Checked and double checked.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You disassembled and reassembled the top half of the motor, but you think it's the ignition box? hello mcfly. Check the timing, check the rockers, check the pushrods. something is afoot.
UUHH! Hello Mcfly....I've checked all that...Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts