Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you used a MSD 7562 Boost Controller? If so, what are your thoughts of this product? What are the pros and cons of this boost controller? I want to know what I'm getting myself into. Thanks

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I like it. I am not saying its better or worse than the competition. Its a bit cheaper which is always a plus, and more friendly ONCE you get a handle on it. Only bad thing is changes have to be done with a laptop, and couldnt be done in the lanes as fast as some of the others with push buttons.
The support ISNT there from MSD like with the others out there with a quick phone call.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like it. I am not saying its better or worse than the competition. Its a bit cheaper which is always a plus, and more friendly ONCE you get a handle on it. Only bad thing is changes have to be done with a laptop, and couldnt be done in the lanes as fast as some of the others with push buttons.
The support ISNT there from MSD like with the others out there with a quick phone call.

It goes for around $400. How much is the MAP sensor?

·
Registered
662 Posts
I just swapped from an AMS-1000 to an MSD, did some passes this last weekend. I like it so far. The software is complex and I'm still learning it, but I think I will like it better in the long run. I'm still using the AMS on my street car. Its nice that is so simple to use and it doesn't require a laptop.
I always see people talk about making changes in the lanes and the inability to do so with an MSD. I always make changes based off data, not what the other cars/people are saying in the lanes.

Here in a week or so, I'll turn mine up and see how it goes vs what the AMS did before.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just swapped from an AMS-1000 to an MSD, did some passes this last weekend. I like it so far. The software is complex and I'm still learning it, but I think I will like it better in the long run. I'm still using the AMS on my street car. Its nice that is so simple to use and it doesn't require a laptop.
I always see people talk about making changes in the lanes and the inability to do so with an MSD. I always make changes based off data, not what the other cars/people are saying in the lanes.

Here in a week or so, I'll turn mine up and see how it goes vs what the AMS did before.
What made you swap out your AMS-1000 to the MSD?

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,402 Posts
I own a MSD and AMS-1000. The MSD is on the shelf, the AMS is in the car. Msd is fine, but f'ing around with PID values sucks and it's always trying to zero in on the boost level, so it goes a bit above and then a bit below.

The AMS has a dead straight line for MAP on my datalogger and it's easier to use and setup, plus no friggan laptop needed.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I use one too. Have had it for 4 years now. It works well and the biggest pain is remembering the boost graph is in psia. It follows the graph very closely and for me functions perfectly.

I do use mine with co2 and I have NEVER touched the pid values that everyone complains about. I think they are set a 40,40,0.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Msd all the way. Use a 75 psig sensor. I have the sensors and 7562's in stock. Wire it up right, put the sensor on the gate, it will do what you tell it to do.

·
HeadCaseRacing
11,611 Posts
I went threw three of these. Sent them back to MSD to get fixed every time. They were good about it. They sent a new one back the 2nd time with a custom harness made for me to the front of the car. Would just stop powering up on me. I even swapped out to use the 100psi sensors and the noids.
went to the track and NOTHING $300 thrown away twice going to track. NOW I RUN http://www.leashelectronics.com/NEW-Boost-Leash-II-5-Stage-Boost-Controller-BL2011.htm

no laptop, good price and great customer service no matter what time of the day it is

1 - 11 of 11 Posts