Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
My Own Worst Enemy
3,411 Posts
Be sure you set it up correctly and it will work. Whatever you do do not wire it how MSD has it in the manual. And make sure your wastegates are installed properly so as to get a good signal.

Yellow wire to increase solenoid
Green wire to decrease solenoid
Purple wire to a switch (not the ignition either, you want to be able to turn it on before you make a pass only)

Use co2 and not manifold pressure to control the top of the gates. Manifold pressure should only go to the bottom side.
Also get a 0-75 psig sensor from Racepak (or procrew or any of their dealers) and put in in the top of the wastegate.
And finally you will need an rpm simulator (Grant McCrary of Fast Forward Innovations sells them or you can build your own with stuff from Radio Shack for under $20.00)

A good baseline setting for the PID values is p=30 i=15 d=0. But you will still need to adjust them to suit your application.

I have one and it has worked descent for me. It just takes a little getting used to. I would still rather use the Hyperkontrol next season though if I can afford to get one.

·
Registered
231 Posts
what does the 0-75 psi sensor hook up to on the boost controller
and what is the rpm simulator for the msd has a wire the hooks directly to the tach. im only askin because im having mojor issues with this controller...

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Buy a ams-1000.

You dont need an rpm simulator
You dont need to buy a pressure sensor to connect to a race pak
You dont need to worry about setting PID values
You dont need to hook it up any other way than the instruction manual tells you.
Chances are most the turbo guys at your track have AMS-1000's and can help you if you need it.

This place is like a AMS-1000 house of techs. So many people use them and if you have questions it will be answered by myself or someone else.

The price is a bit different but its worth it if you can swing it.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
I like it but I'm patiently waiting for the AMS 2000. I run it like twinturbogt and bought all the stuff from Grant McCrary as well.

·
My Own Worst Enemy
3,411 Posts
what does the 0-75 psi sensor hook up to on the boost controller
and what is the rpm simulator for the msd has a wire the hooks directly to the tach. im only askin because im having mojor issues with this controller...
RPM simulator is so you can test the unit without having to have the car running (also having a constant rpm the box has one less thing to compute so it will process everything else easier). The 0-75 sensor hooks into the map sensor wiring.

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,412 Posts
I have a MSD 7562 and an AMS-1000. The MSD unit will work, but you need a laptop or a programmer. AMS can be adjusted on the starting line if you see something that tells you to take out or add power.

I used my MSD with co2 and i had it hooked up to the MSD MAP sensor and had it hooked up to my ing box, it worked fine, built boost and actual boost pretty much followed what i programmed.

One nice thing about the MSD is it will compensate for too small of a turbine because it reads actual manifold pressure, I have found that with the AMS i lose boost at the top of each gear, hopefully a new turbo will help with that problem.

Basically I own a MSD and the AMS 1000, the MSD is on the shelf, the AMS is on the car. They both work, the AMS is just a better tool for the job in my opinion.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Buy a ams-1000.

You dont need an rpm simulator
You dont need to buy a pressure sensor to connect to a race pak
You dont need to worry about setting PID values
You dont need to hook it up any other way than the instruction manual tells you.
Chances are most the turbo guys at your track have AMS-1000's and can help you if you need it.

This place is like a AMS-1000 house of techs. So many people use them and if you have questions it will be answered by myself or someone else.

The price is a bit different but its worth it if you can swing it.
I must admit i love my ams 1000 just wish i could get a little more help from someone to really get my ride dailed all the way in and don't get me wrong it is easy as hell to use but "I" just need a little help from someone who could really help me tweek my tune up!!

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
I must admit i love my ams 1000 just wish i could get a little more help from someone to really get my ride dailed all the way in and don't get me wrong it is easy as hell to use but "I" just need a little help from someone who could really help me tweek my tune up!!
PM Phil 95mmrenegade. He helps a lot of guys with the AMS1000.

Or Procrew on here as well.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so more or less i need to save for the ams 1000, what about the 500? im not running a racepack or aftermarket efi, its an ls1 ran on a ls1 computer with efilive

·
Registered
289 Posts
so more or less i need to save for the ams 1000, what about the 500? im not running a racepack or aftermarket efi, its an ls1 ran on a ls1 computer with efilive

im wondering this as well. i have owned and tried to use an ams-1000 on my turbo busa. ended up throwing it on the ground in my garage and getting a simple 2 stage boost controller from ebay.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
that sucks you could have sold it for what you bought it for instead of throwing it on the ground. All you had to do was enter 2 stages and you would have had a simple 2 stage boost controller.
Lol true story

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,412 Posts
im wondering this as well. i have owned and tried to use an ams-1000 on my turbo busa. ended up throwing it on the ground in my garage and getting a simple 2 stage boost controller from ebay.
Did you contact Seb at NLR for help? I sent him a PM on here and he respond in a few hours and with his advice I had it figured out. It's pretty easy too.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts