Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wiring/plumbing my MSD Boost Controller (with CO2), and have a few questions.

I want to run a higher psi wastegate spring (say 18 psi), and then have the MSD start my "run" at 6-7psi/ramp in to 25. I want to do this because the MSD doesn't really have a "street" function, and I figure I could just roll around on the gate springs when it's not active.

Which configuration do I need to run (Fig. 3 or Fig. 4)?

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I would do it like figure 4 but leave the "wastegate open regulator" out of it. Just hook that up to manifold pressure like you normally would. Just make sure if you want launch at 4krpms with 6psi that your current spring will allow it. You can always add boost on top..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would do it like figure 4 but leave the "wastegate open regulator" out of it. Just hook that up to manifold pressure like you normally would. Just make sure if you want launch at 4krpms with 6psi that your current spring will allow it. You can always add boost on top..

If I have only manifold pressure on the bottom of the gate, won't my minimum boost be determined by the spring?

I was trying to run a higher psi spring than my initial launch setting, so I could make more boost when on the street/controller is inactive.

On the top of the gate... Do I adjust the Co2 to the total amount of boost I want to see, or the amount over my spring psi?

I was planning on running the Co2 at 50psi (regulator at thebottle), then use a Manual Boost Controller/valve to adjust the Co2 on the spring (or both) sides.

My idea:

18psi spring

Co2 on the bottom of the gate adjusted to "minimum" say 7psi. Co2 on the top adjusted to maximum----25psi

With the controller/Co2 off, the car will see a maximum boost of 18psi (on the gate spring).

One thing I just thought about though, is that the wastegate won't see any boost from the intake tract (since the bottom of the gate is hooked up to the Co2). Will that work?

Are the wastegate actuators open when the controller is off? If so, couldn't I regulate the min/max boost with the Co2 on the street...even when the controller is off.

I don't mind running the C02 all the time. I'm just trying to get around the MSD controller having to go through a Stage, Launch sequence all the time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just thought about this, and I don't think its going to work (my idea). Any help would be much appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts