Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the 6530 programmable and was curious how you guys are running yours.I bought the msd 2 bar map sensor and was planning on taking .5 -1.0 degree per pound of boost.Is it that easy to set or some calculation thing.I haven't hooked the map up yet since im building a harness for it but have been playing with the 6530 as far as rev limits etc.Im running a 454 stock with a s475 and a blow through quickfuel 850.I thought of starting out at 35 degrees and taking out the .5 or 1 degree per psi.Is there a page online that shows how to set the boost part of the box up and if so can you let me know about it..thanks in advance

·
Registered
23,901 Posts
this is what your boost timing curve should look like if pulling 1º per # .

Make sure your PSI sensor is set on 30psia for 2 bar in " Data Editor "

14.5psia is 0 boost near sea level . retard is the axis on the left .

·
Registered
23,901 Posts
If your going to run 15psi of boost , I would just go with a 3 bar . with the 2 bar it will only pull timing to 15 psi , so there's no room to put a safety measure in . What if it accidentally makes 25psi and your only pulling timing till 15 ? If your pulling lets say 10º at 15psi .......if it makes 25psi ......you will still only be pulling 10º .

·
Registered
23,901 Posts
Also you should verify you did it right by putting a timing light on the motor and putting REGULATED air to the MAP .

You only need to do this once to make sure you got it right .

Use 10psi on the MAP for easy calculating .

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also you should verify you did it right by putting a timing light on the motor and putting REGULATED air to the MAP .

You only need to do this once to make sure you got it right .

Use 10psi on the MAP for easy calculating .
thank you so much.I had no idea on how the map was working.I figured I wouldn't run anymore than 20 so the 2 bar should be fine.AFter reading this Im finding out how the boost actually works.I like the testing you suggested also..thanks again

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
on another site a racer starts their boost retard at 4psi or 18.7 psig on the chart.Is this so that the engine makes good power on the leave for the first 4psi of boost and then when the boost starts getting higher the timing is taken out..Im just trying to get a feel for this.I this what you guys do also or do start the boost retard as soon as you start getting boost.I have a 8 to 1 454 chevy 850 blow through and was going to pull .7 per psi up to 12psi..thanks for any info

·
Registered
2 Posts
If your going to run 15psi of boost , I would just go with a 3 bar . with the 2 bar it will only pull timing to 15 psi , so there's no room to put a safety measure in . What if it accidentally makes 25psi and your only pulling timing till 15 ? If your pulling lets say 10º at 15psi .......if it makes 25psi ......you will still only be pulling 10º .

·
Registered
761 Posts
Be carefull taking more than 10-15 degrees out. If you are going to do that make sure you phase your distributor first.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts