Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a msd progrmable 6al i want to use the launch retard when activated it also activates the 2step but from the local racers that use roots blower say not to use a 2step not good for the blower and can blow out the base gasket , but msd says it ok to use , it is a bbc with a 871 18% overdriven lauch rpm about 3400 rpm on the transbrake has any of you roots guys used a 2step with out problems any feedback would be apprectaited

thank you

·
Registered
718 Posts
hi i have a msd progrmable 6al i want to use the launch retard when activated it also activates the 2step but from the local racers that use roots blower say not to use a 2step not good for the blower and can blow out the base gasket , but msd says it ok to use , it is a bbc with a 871 18% overdriven lauch rpm about 3400 rpm on the transbrake has any of you roots guys used a 2step with out problems any feedback would be apprectaited

thank you
been running a digital 7 on my jeep for a year now. LOVE it and not one problem. never blew the burst panel, never blew bottom gasket either. its a sbc with 1200hp at 11% overdriven on alky. i launch at 3800 on the transbrake with my 2 step and it leaves HARD.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have an all new 565ci with the bds 871 set at 10lbs of boost and was also looking for some help on how to launch the car. I am replacing a nitrous motor that was launched off of the t-brake and 2 step. I was told to just use the t-brake and load the converter on the first yellow and release the brake on the last yellow. This sounds hard on the converter and was wondring why people say not to use the 2 step (This combo will be race fuel, not alcohol) with the blower. Any advice from the blower experts here would be great.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well here is an update we been launching with the 2step now that we're going the wright direction with suspenssion we have 30 runs with the 2step and no issues yet

geno

1 - 9 of 9 Posts