Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Desperate for some quick help. Posted on Electrical section as well. Would like to use boost control this weekend if I can figure it out. Closed loop on CO2, regulated to 30 psi by recommendation from tial. Highest boost I would command is 15 psi.

Thought I would change to boost control after using springs thus far. Ms3 pro ultimate. Twin tial gates.
MAC valves. 3 is plugged. Fill gets supply air from 1, and delivers it to the t to gates and empty solenoid. 3 is plugged on the empty as well and 2 is open for exhaust.

The problem:
All hooked up and plumbed. Simple enough. I tried IAC1a and IAC2A for the fill and empty solenoids with power on the other wire. That doesn't work. Further reading told me probably I need to use IAC1B on the other side of the fill and IAC2B on the other side of the empty. But any time I turn on the power for the ECU now, BOTH valves are wide open, and it just exhausts air. I have picked Stepper 1 and Stepper 2 for the inputs.

My boost control settings are:
Boost control enabled: on
System type: Dome control
Lower CLT limit 120 degrees
Boost control lower limit 80 kpa
Closed loop
Basic mode
Sensitivity slid over to 200

Wastegate dome pressure control settings 1
Do not empty
Control method: PID (that's the only way it will let me set output frequency)
Min dome target 91 kpa
Max dome target 205 kpa
Enable test mode is off, and test dome target pressure is 150 kpa
Dome fill output: Stepper out 1
Fill min duty 20%, max 100%
Dome empty output: Stepper out 2
Dome min max duty 1/100%
Dome fill and empty output frequency 26 hz
Dome map sensor input sensor 1, I have confirmed through the dashboard that it is reading correctly
PID sensitivity 259

My entire boost control target table is 180 kpa right now
My wastegate dome pressure bias table 1 is all at 0. Do I need to fill this in and any guidance for what to put in?

Any help with why the solenoids are both open as soon as I power on the ECU would be a great start. And any input on my settings to get started with would be greatly appreciated as well.

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any reason your not using the high current wires? Or left over injector outputs?
Using the high currents for other things. Can move around if that is my only option. I do have left over injector outputs.
Do you figure the output I am using is incomparable? I was led to believe it SHOULd work. But there was not a ton of confidence in the answer.

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the valves cycling now but even in test mode they never stop. And thus they empty the bottle.
And
The dome bias table doesn’t stay loaded in the ecu. Every time I turn it on the table is all zeros and has to reload

Help?

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have the valves cycling now but even in test mode they never stop. And thus they empty the bottle.
And
The dome bias table doesn’t stay loaded in the ecu. Every time I turn it on the table is all zeros and has to reload

Help?
If their cycling in test mode you have a leak some where. They should fill to a certain kpa and hold it

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If their cycling in test mode you have a leak some where. They should fill to a certain kpa and hold it
The leak is the empty solenoid. Why it is cycling and exhausting at all is what I can't figure. Even when I leave test mode the cycling continues until I turn off the ecu. So the empty cycles open, and then the fill does what it is supposed to by cycling on to fill to target dome pressure. It almost seems like it fills so quickly that it overshoots and opens the empty, which overshoots and starts the pattern over again.

I am quite certain there is something that I am doing wrong with this. But man they don't give you any starting spot for the 25 or so inputs. I am using the pwm1 and 2 for fill and empty now. Switched power to the other side. I think I am wired and plumbed correctly. I don't have any restrictors other than the 30 psi in line regulator. Your suggestion on leaking made me think maybe I should cut the wire to the empty and see what happens. If it still flows through, the answer is a defective solenoid.

Wondering about my set points though and if the feedback is just so aggressive that I am constantly overshooting. It was strange that the bias table would not stay loaded onto the ecu. Every time I would turn on the ecu, it was gone. I think the last time I cycled it it was there. Never run into that before. weird.

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any suggestion at all for range of numbers to put in the bias table for shooting for 12 psi boost, on 30# supply co2 available, and the lightest spring in the tial box.....which I think is around 6?
Where do you get started with that table in closed loop?
Is max and min duty cycle important?

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you! Everything settled right down and worked when in desperation I grabbed a pipe plug and a very small drill bit. I thought of it after just pressing my thumb over the exhaust port and it stopped cycling endlessly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts