Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever use one of these MrGasket 105 GPH and billet return style pressure regulator for carburetor applications? I was looking at one for air cooled vw with a single center carb set up for e85 on a stock 1600cc.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so your saying not the quality you would expect from MrGasket aka holley.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
so your saying not the quality you would expect from MrGasket aka holley.
I actually researched that bypass regulator, for use in a carb conversion that I was helping someone with. The feedback that I found on it was horrible. Not just one account but several.

But no. Not the quality that I would expect from a Holley company. But even they will tell you that the Mr Gasket, Sniper, and others aren't of the same quality as their Holley and Quick Fuel products.

I had to find the email, but they said that even though the other regulators appear similar, they they are not. And that the other brands should be considered as "economical" options.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm must be why they are so cheap lol. I was looking for a more economical solution, dummy me sold all my mallory and a holley blue pump to local people who claimed to need them, now that I need a pump for this low boost project don't have a spare that is in serviceable condition. looked at a holley 12-125 tried to find reviews but seems no one uses them that or the holley 12-150. I need a pump that can handle 3lbs base pressure and work to 12lbs under boost since this will be 8lbs boost. the holley 12-125 I have is great billet pump but is internally regulated to 7psi, I was told I could put a 12-150 spring in it and that would not by pass till 17lbs but not sure I wanna do that. Just don't have the $200 to spend on a new pump right now. trade fell through on the subaru swap so gonna go turbo air cooled like I originally planned.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
For a economical fuel pump, I've heard that the Sniper pumps that Holley sells are reliable. Induction Solutions has the 140 for ~$85. I asked Steve about the pumps a while back and he said that they use them often and hadn't had any issues with them.

I wouldn't really trust any type of "economical" regulator for use in a boost referenced system. Holley has a couple midline priced (~$50) that looks good on paper, but I don't know of anyone using them. They "look" to be a diecast version of the old 803BP, with a boost reference port.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For a economical fuel pump, I've heard that the Sniper pumps that Holley sells are reliable. Induction Solutions has the 140 for ~$85. I asked Steve about the pumps a while back and he said that they use them often and hadn't had any issues with them.

I wouldn't really trust any type of "economical" regulator for use in a boost referenced system. Holley has a couple midline priced (~$50) that looks good on paper, but I don't know of anyone using them. They "look" to be a diecast version of the old 803BP, with a boost reference port.

I am using a aeroomotive regulator I am just looking for a pump that can handle the 120hp under boost with e-85. If I bought the 105p it would be for the pump and I would ebay the regulator, I already have a holley 4.5-9lbs non return I am throwing on ebay since I don't need it. At this point it is all about the pump my regular parts guy said he has a kit for my holley 12-125 for $25 but it won't go to 12lbs. I have a old BG 280 but it leaks at the top seal, a common problem with those pumps, so don't feel like rebuilding it. I will look into the induction solutions pump, thanks.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I have a old BG 280 but it leaks at the top seal, a common problem with those pumps, so don't feel like rebuilding it.
I checked at Nina Fuel Systems on ebay. The standard seal kit for that pump is only $20 shipped. The Viton kit is $25.

I'd be hard pressed not to go that route.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I checked at Nina Fuel Systems on ebay. The standard seal kit for that pump is only $20 shipped. The Viton kit is $25.

I'd be hard pressed not to go that route.
I have rebuilt it once with viton kit problem is the motor shaft is pitted so it still leaks, they want $189 for a new motor. I was told you can put a brass sleeve on the shaft to repair it instead of replacing but never found some one to do that service most just replace the motor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts