Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Non Timebo Mala
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never knew they made headers until I saw their logo stamped on the flange of the ones in my Impala while I was changing a blown out gasket today. I know they've been on there for at least 20 years but does anyone know when they were making them?

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
I think that they were made in the late 70's-early 80's.
You may have the last set on the planet.......

·
Former RJ instigator
42,533 Posts
Relics, take them rusty things off and buy a set of real headers, you might get more than 8 MPG out of that tuna boat :p

·
Registered
28,570 Posts
I never knew Mr.Gasket made headers. Hmmmmm learn something new everyday.

·
Non Timebo Mala
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Relics, take them rusty things off and buy a set of real headers, you might get more than 8 MPG out of that tuna boat :p
Plan on it haha, Saving up parts for a new engine build for it 383, Dart platinum 200's , and hydro roller. The cars still a basket case but things are falling in to place to where I can start working on it again.
I figure'd the were probably 30 or so years old but there still in great shape, just hang kinda low, and hard to change plugs with.

·
Former RJ instigator
42,533 Posts
Plan on it haha, Saving up parts for a new engine build for it 383, Dart platinum 200's , and hydro roller. The cars still a basket case but things are falling in to place to where I can start working on it again.
I figure'd the were probably 30 or so years old but there still in great shape, just hang kinda low, and hard to change plugs with.
Good deal, I'd like to see that old heap get back on the road again.
I thought of you the day when a clean ass 2 door 70 Implala rolled by me at a light, it was nice...., I thought about following him to where ever he was going and steal the deck lid for ya....lol

·
Non Timebo Mala
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks man haha, I just put a new master cylinder on it, and drove it for the first time again a few days ago . I'm going tomorrow to get a new tag sticker so I can take it to a body guy to get the back of the car straightened out, That rusty deck lid will do until I can find a nicer one. I'm so excited that things are starting to come together again. It's big and SLOW but I miss driving it so much.

·
Former RJ instigator
42,533 Posts
Thanks man haha, I just put a new master cylinder on it, and drove it for the first time again a few days ago . I'm going tomorrow to get a new tag sticker so I can take it to a body guy to get the back of the car straightened out, That rusty deck lid will do until I can find a nicer one. I'm so excited that things are starting to come together again. It's big and SLOW but I miss driving it so much.
You're welcome!

It won't be slow no more with that 383 under the hood!

I love those big old Impalas, I have some very fond memories of a 4 door 69 my buddy had, man what a land yacht that thing was......

·
Non Timebo Mala
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what I'm hoping I'll be happy if I can get the car to run 12's and still be daily drivable.
I have a few fond memories in this one and hopefully they'll be many more seeing as I just turned 20 a few months ago.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
BITD BlackJack was part of Mr. G.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Mr. Gasket was huge when they were part of W.R. Grace. I believe there were even wheels with Mr. Gasket stamped on them in the mid seventies.

·
Beer makes me pee
9,784 Posts
I had a set on a pick up. I`d rank them right up there with Hedman`s

·
Registered
22,777 Posts
Take them off, get them sandblasted and painted and hang them on your wall. Or I'll by them for $25.00 and do it.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I'm using a set of Mr Gasket headers now on one of my cars. They came free with the car so why not use them, they take those funky round port exhaust gaskets.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts