Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
pig hunter
9,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have anything to say about them? good, bad? looking to build a 1000hp n/a 540 out of one. hows the casting and max bore?

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
The World versions are very good. We have built 5 or 6 of them to date. It's predecessor not so much. Shop around you can find them with a varying price range. As for Max bores, well with a Mopar you are limited there. 4.560 is about all you can reasonably expect, although there are folks who go a bit farther. It is the bore spacing/heads that is the limiting factor.

Intersted to hear the details of the engine. What heads for instance? I have a 500" low deck B1MC that makes a tad more than that myself. Always intersted to hear about other builds.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
They are great blocks. Easily handle that horspower. 4.560" is the most i have personally taken them when I was at RBRE. I used many of these blocks in builds from 496" to 572". Added strength with the cross bolt mains also. Good luck.

·
pig hunter
9,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
b1, ken which one to look for and one to stay away from? b1 i'm going to get with chad speier's he does a cnc program on eddy victors that shoud do the trick with a little hand work off the cnc..

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
All the newer blocks are from World Products and are the most readily availa ble ones. The older blocks came from a variety of sources. I prefer the World block due to some of the features they have like the oiling system over the older stuff. It is hard to find one of the older blocks these days and some of them CANNOT go anywhere near 4.500 bore. I believe they were done at 4.39 bore.

A CNC Victor is an interesting choice. Hope you can make the power you are looking for with them. Lots of options out ther for heads these days.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
hi jeffi was wondering what kind of compression u thinking on this monster.n/a would be bad ass.i know most of the mopar stuff out there can kill a pocket book.are u building this for you or do u have a customer in mind.sounds like a sweet build.any other info u can tell us about?

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
They are decent. I've made good power with them without issue. Last Hemi I did though was a World block & I really liked that one.

·
-------------------------
6,398 Posts
If you get a world block check the studs out as they shipped them with ARP nuts but chinese studs...

·
-------------------------
6,398 Posts
anyone have anything to say about them? good, bad? looking to build a 1000hp n/a 540 out of one. hows the casting and max bore?
A CNC Victor is an interesting choice. Hope you can make the power you are looking for with them. Lots of options out ther for heads these days.
I haven't ever heard of anyone getting 1000 NA power out of a victor head, would be interesting to see.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I haven't ever heard of anyone getting 1000 NA power out of a victor head, would be interesting to see.
From the way he worded it it sounds like he's using a B1 and is going to have Chad rework his victor program to fit the B1.

·
pig hunter
9,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
no, chad has a program for the eddy heads. 400cfm with a 2.25intake valve... going to have to make a few little changes for the cid but they should make very close to 950-1000hp. it may end up needed to pull back cid for the heads but will see.. http://www.speierracingheads.com/BBMv3.3.htm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts