Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I officially retire from the military at the end of the month. Well I landed a very nice contract job in Illinois but, have applied for MANY in the Civil Service arena. Well I got a call this morning that sealed the deal for a job in Warren. I will start my new career next Monday working at the Detroit Arsenal. This has got to be in the best top five things that has happened for me. Truely has got to be one lucky SOB but, I didn't know anyone that works there. Nothing but, resume and interview and we know you don't here of that to often.

I left Michigan back in 85 and said I would never go back there to live. Well we know that old saying "Never say never" so I find this very funny. North Carolina has been very good for alot of reasons and I will miss it alot but, I will be back to see some of the good oh racing we have there. Looking forward to heading to the tracks there. I will finally get to go to my first Woodward Cruise and I wont have a clue where to go. Well I hope to see some of yall around the tracks or golf courses.

·
Moderater
13,056 Posts
Welcome back! You should be able to find a smokin deal on a house.

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts
Thank you for your service. Good things happen to good people once in awhile, enjoy and good luck at your new job,,,TLW.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will have to see about a house since I have one in North Carolina that the fiance and kids are living in. She works at the Social Security office there plus the oldest will be a senior next year so we will wait till she graduates from High School. I'm excited about it since the JOB market really suxs and I've been lucky to land two very nice ones since March.

·
Registered
51,357 Posts
I officially retire from the military at the end of the month. Well I landed a very nice contract job in Illinois but, have applied for MANY in the Civil Service arena. Well I got a call this morning that sealed the deal for a job in Warren.
When I read "Moving back to Michigan" and "retire from the military", the first thing that went through my head was TACOM or something along those lines.

As was said above, good time to purchase a house...and no need to rush into one, it's not going to turn anytime soon.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pancho

Your correct with your guess TACOM. All my family still lives up and around Montrose so I will be spending a lot of my time there since I've been away from them for so long. I'm excited but since I've been away alot of things have changed in Mi so it's like being an outsider again. Plus I have this slight draw so, I will standout for sure. BTW, we use to do alot of fishing down around your area when I was growing up.

·
Registered
51,357 Posts
Well good on ya. That should be a secure source of employment in an otherwise dismal economy.
Where bouts did you fish?.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Welcome back to the orange barrel state, yeh its that time of year and you can`t get there from here.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We use to fish on lake Fenton and panohma (MS) but that was years ago. I already see the orange barrel's popping up all over Illinois I'm like shit can't they do this shit at night. I'm very lucky to land something that has some stability.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Well good on ya. That should be a secure source of employment in an otherwise dismal economy.
Where bouts did you fish?.
Like 70underpressure said -- Welcome back! You should be able to find a smokin deal on a house.
-----
Hey Pancho you sure the NHL isn't on strike still. Its been a pretty good series, a lot better than I thought. I think it may go to game 7. Tonight Coyotes win 3-2. I think the wings will win the series. Dont tell anyone else in AZ I'll catch shit. Go Coyotes! :cool:

·
Registered
51,357 Posts
Hey Pancho you sure the NHL isn't on strike still. Its been a pretty good series, a lot better than I thought. I think it may go to game 7. Tonight Coyotes win 3-2. I think the wings will win the series. Dont tell anyone else in AZ I'll catch shit. Go Coyotes! :cool:
The Yotes are a good team that play a slowish trap style. That's hard for any puck possession skating team to work with. They'll either adapt and overcome or go golfing.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RatPatrol

I get there Monday morning to start my initial in processing. I'm going to be in the Tactical Wheel Vehicle Division under the M915 program. I'm looking forward to this move since I departed the area back some 25 years ago. I can spend some quality time with my parents and the rest of the family and help them out as much as possible. The downside is my immediate family is staying in NC till the oldest graduates next year. My little man is really missing pops so, I know I will be making plenty of flights back there. Sure beats the hell out of some contract job overseas. I'm already trying to figure a way to get my mustangs up here so I have my coupe to cruise.

·
Moderater
13,056 Posts
We'd prefer only the productive one's come back. The rest can stay from Tennessee and south of that :p

Lots of talent in Detroit metro area. The Aerospace and Military industries have noticed are quietly moving in to take advantage.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Welcome back! You should be able to find a smokin deal on a house.
Yeah cause the flames coming from it are 60ft high!! lmao

Good Luck on the move, and thanks for the service!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts