Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I messed around a won a bracket race yesterday at Greer. Just got done logging all the data when I realized I won the second round with a MOV of 0. If you punch the numbers the race was a draw but my win light came on. My mind is a little foggy in my old age but I can't recall ever having that happen before in 40 yrs. Has anyone else experienced this? Just curious how often it's happened? RM

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I heard it discussed before but it must be incredibly rare. Congrats on your win.

·
Thread killer
1,879 Posts
We had that happen it a Jr Dragster race last year. The MOV was 0. I didn't understand so I went to the tower. The computer in the tower showed the MOV at 0.0000! I asked how in the hell the win light went to the other lane. The guy said "I don't know it just did?" Oh well I guess the timing system flipped a coin? LOL Good job on the win.

·
Registered
22,722 Posts
I had a good friend of mine that rides motorcycles had the exact same thing happen but he came out on the other end of it. They both had .017 lights and ran dead on to the 4th number out but he lost. He was told by the track that the timing system will go out as many numbers as it needs to declare a winner but it won't print on the ticket so it shows MOV .0000 but the track said it could have been .000001 or something like that.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just spoke to my buddy who's son ran this round with me. He said Greer uses scoring that gives a dead tie to whatever car had the better light. He said some tracks use MPH. I had the better light by .001 so I got the win. I didn't know that. RM

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
congrats Joe!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts