Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search,couldn't find what i was looking for,anyways in the process of moving my battery to the back with the kill switch and all that crap. Wanting to move my 6al and retard box inside the car to clean up engine bay and keep everything away from the heat. Was thinking about mounting the boxes right on the trans tunnel on the passenger side,so I still have access to the chips. Any tips,tricks? Pics would be awesome. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Mine's mounted on the pass side kick panel area but I have no junk under my dash.

·
Embalmer
1,335 Posts
I removed the backside of the glove box... It's two pieces.. And made a plate to mount the MSD box behind it so you could still shut the glove box door and cover it up yet sill accesible to use it.

Just a though I will search to see it I have any pics of it but I have sold the car since...

DS

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a good idea,sounds easy to do too,the glove box comes out easy in these things.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I did the that glove box mount for my nova. I have my digital 6, coil, starter solenoid, fuse box, shift light rpm module and all my relays right there. Seen it done a few times on fox bodies and is deck agley a neat and clean spot!

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was just reading up on this,according to there instructions they don't want them mounted inside the glove box. I don't understand why,its gotta be better than all that engine compartment heat. Any insight on this?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Maybe because of the heater box.....and how well it would get air to cool it down.....I mounted mine where you orignially said you wanted yours mounted. Works great. Nice an out in the open, but I also have a dedicated drag car.....a street car would have more to worry about with passengers...

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I ground out the back of the glove box door and made a plate for it to mount on. when you open the door is comes with it

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I made a sheetmetal plate that attaches from under the glovebox to the firewall. Then mounted the box to it with the chip facing out. (6al)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Here's mine, gets a little bit warm when driving the car on the street for long trips. I dont think id want it in the glove box, i know mine would not fit with the heater box in there anyways.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I HAD MINE MOUNTED BEHIND MY RADIO

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
Here in Arizona it gets real hot.
I mounted mine (in a drag car) on a piece of sheetmetal over on the passengers side of the car.
It gets real warm there even after just 1 run and back up mthe return road....

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the pics guys,I dont use the heater box any more so no hear from there. But I get what some of ya are saying. Think Iam going to approach the glove box and see what I can come up with.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts