Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question. Better to mount turbos where I want them l, or rather where the chassis wants them and build Custom headers? Or use prefabbed headers and mount turbos where they fit? First time turbo guy here so I’m not sure. Thx

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I mount where it makes things easiest to package and work on. Sometimes thats not where you want them and most times it means custom manifolds

·
Registered
38 Posts
For me that would depend on what the headers were costing and if I had a general idea if I could modify the collectors to get the turbos where I wanted them. Stainless turbo headers have gotten really reasonable for certain applications and I would personally modify a set before I ever built another set. I had 2600 dollars in materials from SPD for my first turbo build and a lot of time. In the end it depends a lot on the build.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I mount where it makes things easiest to package and work on. Sometimes thats not where you want them and most times it means custom manifolds
100% truth here.
Every move I make on building a turbo system anymore is geared towards it being easy to work on or fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts