Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49,830 Posts
In the billet cap varietys I do not belive it makes a difference. Both are very sturdy and have made big power. Now dart does have some options like the Tall deck and spread pan rail that really open up the stroke and valvetrain options.

I guess it depends on how much HP and TQ you are out to make and if you are running a power adder and at what displacement you will be allowed to run at.

·
Registered
6,633 Posts
The material quality, casting and finish machine work on the Dart is way ahead of the Motown. Well worth spending more for the Dart if needed. My SB2 is an Iron Eagle block, my 23˚ 427 is a Motown, I wish I had mad it a Dart as well.

·
Super Moderator
34,718 Posts
I'm not aware that Motown has a raised cam block.

This is of importance when using a stroke of 3.75 and up and even less with aluminum rods.... helps to avoid the small base circle camshafts.

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
I'm not aware that Motown has a raised cam block.

This is of importance when using a stroke of 3.75 and up and even less with aluminum rods.... helps to avoid the small base circle camshafts.
i don,t think they do , i e-mail them a while back asking if they where gonna offer a talldeck version and they stated they are only gonna offer a stock factory replacement style block meaning they have no intentions of offering any block other then what they have now .

·
Registered
6,633 Posts
My 427 is a standard cam location Motown with an .850 base circle cam. Wish I had gone to the Dart and a raised cam. My SB2 is a 9.3 deck, raised cam BBC cam journal Dart Iron Eagle.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I would buy the dart for reasons above + others, I have a .825 base circle cam in my 434 against my better wishes, go with the raised cam. Also if you do buy world sonic the block before you machine it. The first one I bought was .080 thick in #3 bore, I didnt discover this until I had water in #3 hole. It took me 5 months of stress to get a new block. Another friend of mine just had his new world block bored for 55mm roller cam bearings, they broke through into the water jacket, according to world the race block should accept 60mm roller cam bearings. Bottom line is just be careful if you buy a world block. In my opinion there customer sevice is less than poor. I would only buy chevrolet or dart if given the choice.

Bryan

·
Registered
42 Posts
Dart all the way same as the others stated, the Dart seems to have a little more quality control in them, and they offer the tall deck version etc.
I would definately go with a Dart they are worth it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts