Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recieved your PM will ship you filters monday that was May 1 what happened ? You said you were tech manager for Fram Filters. Did you forget or staff just screw up

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Point is he said would hook me up have always used Wix filters. This was May 1 what could be wrong confussed Tech Rep for Fram sure defended thier product use Fram racing filters. Have not recieved any thing not even a letter.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well you might be right. It was said in other FRAM thread if anyone experianced problems from their product to contact their warrenty department is this prompt service . I just dont fucking know any more theirs just to much bullshit

·
Registered
34 Posts
Point is he said would hook me up have always used Wix filters. This was May 1 what could be wrong confussed Tech Rep for Fram sure defended thier product use Fram racing filters. Have not recieved any thing not even a letter.
Sorry for the delay, please email your address and the part number you are currently using. [email protected]. I will get them to you right away. The filters are selling so well it took awhile to get them, I am busy with my regular job and running my shop. The rest of you guys who spout BS with little to well zero knowledge, please stop displaying your ignorance.
I know you all have a friend who's brothers cousin neighbors car blew up with a Fram filter. And that guy, if I ever actually meet him is a legend on the net. Amazingly we run a TOP FUEL car with FRAM Racing filters and seem to just well, not have any problems. The problem arises when guys build mega engines with oil pumps set on STUN and install a inexpensive pass car filter with high efficiency, a HUGE mistake that even experienced engine builders seem to commit on a regular basis.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Sorry for the delay, please email your address and the part number you are currently using. [email protected]. I will get them to you right away. The filters are selling so well it took awhile to get them, I am busy with my regular job and running my shop. The rest of you guys who spout BS with little to well zero knowledge, please stop displaying your ignorance.
I know you all have a friend who's brothers cousin neighbors car blew up with a Fram filter. And that guy, if I ever actually meet him is a legend on the net. Amazingly we run a TOP FUEL car with FRAM Racing filters and seem to just well, not have any problems. The problem arises when guys build mega engines with oil pumps set on STUN and install a inexpensive pass car filter with high efficiency, a HUGE mistake that even experienced engine builders seem to commit on a regular basis.
Ok since your the expert explain to me why 15+ years a go, I was able to use a off the shelf Fram filter for my small block that had 70+ lbs of Oil presure without any filter failure. Never even heard of anybody else having problems with filters failing, and back then I would bet 80% of the cars at the track had a off the shelf Fram on it. It seems within the last several years I've heard or have seen first hand a Fram filter collapse and destroy a engine.

We all know that anything that is marked as a high performance part, comes with a high performance price tag. But for most people I think they see a oil filter, as just a oil filter, not a high performance part. I've read the box the Fram filter comes in, and no where does it say that the filter should not be used on a high performance application, or on a car with a high volume oil pump.

I'm not a filter engineer, but I would love for you to explain the difference between the HP filter, and the stock off the shelf filter. What is the micron readings between the two filters? and what is the difference in the construction of the two filters?

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I'm just trying to learn a little more about what the big difference is between the HP filter and the off the shelf filter.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Why would you call it a pass car filter? nowhere on the box or in the FRAM literature does it say that ( it states its an ADVANCED filter) the only time we hear that its a pass filter is when our engines blow up and you need a reason to point the blame. As I said many times, I bought mine from a well known speed shop and they told me what filter to use, so obviously FRAM is not educating their distributors on application.

·
Registered
193 Posts
A top fuel motor blows up almost every pass anyway so whats the point.Most of us cant take our motors apart every time we run them.Ill stick with Wix.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Matt you know as well as I do that this is BS, If the motor has an after market intake on it and it blows up because of the filter failing they will still say your motor is high performance and voids the filter warranty.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts