Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
time to go racing yet ?
35,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys with motor homes . what ya gettin for milage ?

we just got a 36' class a with a cummins 275 isb in it . also has a diesel gen set . it is a 2000

my 03 ram gets about 16-18

any ideas on the motor home without the gen set running down the highway ?

thanks ted

·
time to go racing yet ?
35,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
with or without a trailer ?

eventually we will be towing a trailer . it will be a 24ft econo hualmark with a dragster in it . so im guessing total trailer weight will be around 5500-6000lbs loaded

·
Registered
777 Posts
We have a 40' with a Cat 350hp motor. With a standard 32' loaded trailer we got 8mpg. With the 32' stacker we get around 5mpg. Both pull great and the stacker actually stops better.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
my parents have a 40' monaco with a cummins, they just got back from bristol and they got about 10 mpg but that included running the generator all weekend

·
time to go racing yet ?
35,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my parents have a 40' monaco with a cummins, they just got back from bristol and they got about 10 mpg but that included running the generator all weekend
well thats not to shabby !!

i was cuious as i was figuring about 10-14ish with no trailer and taking it easy .

the guy at the dealership said with the genny running full output it would consume about 1 gal an hour .

thanks

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
well thats not to shabby !!

i was cuious as i was figuring about 10-14ish with no trailer and taking it easy .

the guy at the dealership said with the genny running full output it would consume about 1 gal an hour .

thanks
MY 6500 ONAN GETS JUST LESS THAN HALF A GAL A HOUR RUNNING TWO A/C UNITS . RUNNING DASH AIR USES 3/4 TO 1 MILE TO GALLON TO RUN . CHEAPER TO RUN GENERATOR AND A/C

·
time to go racing yet ?
35,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MY 6500 ONAN GETS JUST LESS THAN HALF A GAL A HOUR RUNNING TWO A/C UNITS . RUNNING DASH AIR USES 3/4 TO 1 MILE TO GALLON TO RUN . CHEAPER TO RUN GENERATOR AND A/C

ahhh ... this one has a 6500 in it to . also with 2 a/c units . i was figuring less than a gal an hour as i seen other deisel gens run for a long time on just 5 gals {portables} . i think i might have stumped the guy yesterday and just told me a number .

·
time to go racing yet ?
35,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes its a 275 hp motor . i did not get to look into kits for it yet . but since this is brought up what ya guys got on yours ?

my dodge ram i have a cold air intake , 5" exhuast, and the diablo sport power puck .

with this motor home i dont think i would want to add on a cold air intake setup . so maybe a programmer?

·
time to go racing yet ?
35,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok looked on banks . they have 2 kits . guess i gotta talk my self into buying some more parts ..... hehe ... i love go fast parts even if its for a motorhome

·
Registered
7,722 Posts
2004 38' Coachman with a 330 Cat, 7.5mpg towing a 30' double and between 9-10 without it. I have a 7500 quiet run Onan that uses between .3 and .5 gallons an hour ruining both A/C's.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
DAMN, all these HUGE Mileage #s from Motorcoaches. I have a 39 foot Excursion with C7 350hp Cat pusher that I travel all year for my business in and tow my 28' hauler behind to race. I get 6 mpg with the hauler and 7-8 tops without it if I drive it easy..

·
Registered
7,722 Posts
DAMN, all these HUGE Mileage #s from Motorcoaches. I have a 39 foot Excursion with C7 350hp Cat pusher that I travel all year for my business in and tow my 28' hauler behind to race. I get 6 mpg with the hauler and 7-8 tops without it if I drive it easy..
I hear that complaint from a lot of C-7 owners. Mine was the last of the 3126 series with the E designation. I have records of all my fuel purchases. How many miles on yours? I have 137,000+ on mine. Mileage did get better as it broke in.

·
Registered
7,722 Posts
Hey PMR, did I take that picture of your car or is that a different one?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts