Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What RV's are you guys using to tow small enclosed trailers? Thinking of getting rid of the travel trailer and getting an RV. Then that can tow the car hauler to distant shows/track etc.

Would like to keep it smallish in length

·
Registered
7,312 Posts
One of the main considerations is the rear overhang of the motorhome. Not many are actually built to haul 4 tons hanging onto the rear bumper. ---Trevor

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
I tow with my dodge diesel unless I stay for the weekend. i have a 25 foot class A 454 powered motorhome that does a GREAT job of towing. I bought and installed a class 5 hitch and then bought a Trailer Toad to keep the weight of my motorhome. If you don't use a Trailer Toad plan on beefing up the rear frame area.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Trailer and car is 5500 pounds(ish) I will plan for the worst as for hills as I live in BC and going south or east means some hills.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My 20' pace has a max of 7000lbs as limited by axles. I don't put anything in the trailer but the car asiI'm paranoid something with bounce around while driving.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I have a 24ft A class 454 Chev. Put on a class 5 hitch and a set of 5k airbags.. Pulls my 22ft enclosed with minimum effort. Still sways when the semis come flying past but still at 65mph on cruise.
Andrew

1 - 11 of 11 Posts