Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a used engine it's supposed to be a 434 sbc shp block which is fine but they say it was street driven 13-1 compression cam 657 intake 668 exhaust 280 intake 290 exhaust @ 50 with a 106 lobe seperation track 1 heads any opinions not a lobe seperation I am used to seeing.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Seems like a horribly mismatched combo of parts.

That's a lot of cubic inches for such small cyl heads. I could see it on a fairly low RPM street engine but with 13.1 compression? Were they running it on E85 or race gas just to run it or were they actually trying to make some HP on a "street engine"??

The cam really looks like something I would not touch with a 10ft pole. It has practically no valve lift but tons of @.050 duration..... .650 lift is hyd cam territory..... The lobe center number is not something I usually worry with. Without the advertised duration and how the cam was degreed in, you can't determine the valve events which is what is really important.

Just from what I can see, whoever put that together had no clue or really mediocer goals for the engine and figured whatever shit he had laying around would do the job.
Will

·
Registered
34,509 Posts
Seems like a horribly mismatched combo of parts.

That's a lot of cubic inches for such small cyl heads. I could see it on a fairly low RPM street engine but with 13.1 compression? Were they running it on E85 or race gas just to run it or were they actually trying to make some HP on a "street engine"??

The cam really looks like something I would not touch with a 10ft pole. It has practically no valve lift but tons of @.050 duration..... .650 lift is hyd cam territory..... The lobe center number is not something I usually worry with. Without the advertised duration and how the cam was degreed in, you can't determine the valve events which is what is really important.

Just from what I can see, whoever put that together had no clue or really mediocer goals for the engine and figured whatever shit he had laying around would do the job.
Will
It happens.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure says it was in a street truck also says it makes 600 hp it is on the ozark raceway park classifieds seemed like it was a deal guess not thanks.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
I wouldn't doubt that it is making 600 hp with 13 to 1 comp. and e-85 . Did they say the valve size or if the heads where ported or what mcsa or port size ? What intake is on it ? It does seem like a lot of duration , probably to make up for the smaller heads. Whats the price ? I got a lot of money into my short block shp and if its a good price it might be worth it to buy it and eventually change up the induction to something that will take advantage of the cubes , with the right heads and cam ,725-750 hp is a pretty realistic and achievable goal .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.