Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
try running a purge switch wired in parallel with the micro switch on the carb, that way you just have to rev the motor to get it into the window switch, and hit the purge switch.

But why do you want to purge threw the motor?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wiring a friend's car who wants to purge through the motor AND a normal purge...

Not my kind of thing, but what the customer wants, the customer gets!

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Wiring a friend's car who wants to purge through the motor AND a normal purge...

Not my kind of thing, but what the customer wants, the customer gets!

Don't you just run a seperate relay for the motor purge? I know that's the easiest way to do it with an Edelbrock unit.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Don't you just run a seperate relay for the motor purge? I know that's the easiest way to do it with an Edelbrock unit.
but wouldnt you be back-feeding the nos launcher then?

Dan

·
Registered
702 Posts
You could also just run a separate momentary switch to the to same terminal as the throttle switch input. Once you get the engine to your set RPM window hold the switch and it will start the programmer. Once the momentary switch is let go the controller will reset. This is how is mine is wired up per Monte's instructions.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
but wouldnt you be back-feeding the nos launcher then?

Dan

It doesn't on the Edelbrock, it takes an input signal to the trigger wire to start the countdown. Doesn't really matter what goes on out ahead of the trigger wire on the output side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts