Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BBF in a coupe, im running kit motor mounts. Does anyone make a good solid mount? would it be better to run a plate set up? I would like to get the motor down and back some. Any advice or pics would be nice thanks

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
If you wanting to get motor back you have to run plates. SKRC has a kit for it. You will have to get custom headers more than likely.

·
Go Phuck youself
12,353 Posts
If your not going to race it and just a street machine then motor mounts will do, but if racing is on your mind NOTHING short of motor plates is my recomendations. Depending on block used and other issues motor mounts no nothing but hurt a block and bearings.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I have a BBF in my fox body mustang have a set of D&D motor plates and headers they work very good 550s in the 1/8 i have the motor set about 1/8 inch off crossmember and back several inches. the car 60s 1.24 on stock style suspension with stock gt springs. i cut the motor mounts off the k member to have more room headers are pretty easy to take on and off

·
Registered
131 Posts
Plate setup will work best for what you wanna do. Depending how far back your going headers are going to be your next upgrade. Plus a weight savings going with plate over mounts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts