Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
Took my fifteen year old out to drive for the first time not long ago, scared the shit out of me. I think she'll be ready to do it on her own in about ten years. What scares me more than anything with her is these damned cell phones and the lack of attention they cause kids to have.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
My son just got his DL regular permit and he is 18. We felt he was not ready to drive alone and waited.

I cannot tell he just how much he has changed over the past two years.

Just because they are of age to get a DL does not mean they always should.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Sad for the family. Teaching my 16 year old right now. Scares the shit out of me thinking about him on the road. First time he drove my truck he took the corner a little too fast. Turned the wheel like he was in a go cart. Did not turn the wheel going hand over hand. Had to grab the wheel. If I could hook up a xbox controller he would do better.

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Got a transmission from Wixom.

He'll never do that again. Unfortunate.

·
Wannabe Racer
6,701 Posts
So sad. Condolences to that family.

My youngest (16 y/o) got his permit this past week. My wife was out teaching him this afternoon. I taught my two oldest but I was told I get too excited and yell too much so my wife is handling it this time.

·
Registered
587 Posts
This is a local kid , freshman over at western high school, pretty sad
time for the family, my youngest son is going to be a sophomore over at Central high school this
fall, and he's been all over us about drivers education this fall, his mother
and I are re evaluating our decision to allow it right now, these fucking cell
phones are a huge distraction for any driver, much less an inexperienced kid.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts