Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Any one shot one of these?I'm thinking about getting one as my new home defense gun.I got a 500 right now with out the door breach.But i think this would make for a better home defence gun seeing if i do got to fire more then 1 shot i will eliminate having to use the pump and just fire as need be.

it takes 5+1,but they make another version with out the door breach that is 7+1.

So my yb brothers whats your 2 cents on this gun

i'm looking online for reviews right now.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep..i couldn't really find any reviews on that model but did find some on the true tactical version of it..An every one seems to love them

·
Registered
400 Posts
Buddy has this version

·
Registered
400 Posts

If your looking for a nice compact home defence piece...

Serbu Arms

·
Registered
203 Posts
Home defense?

The click clack of a pump shotgun is a good deterrent. I own two 12 Ga. Mossberg 500's and they are great; but the twelve gauge for home defense has some serious issues.
1. OVERPENETRATION: Simply that objects, such as your children, may be beyond your intended target.
2. Second shot capability: You should only need one shot with that kind of weapon; but what if you miss; and what if you have multiple targets to engage.
3.Shouldered weapons are at a disadvantage to more compact weapons in close quarters type combat.

I personally have an XD40 and the aforementioned 500 at the ready.

Just my 2 cents

Dr. Detroit and Gunny seem to be very knowledgeable in firearms... PM one of them

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i keep bird shot in mine for in the house..00 buck will fly threw dry wall like it aint shit.theres a thread on here about shot gun loads for hd.

As for the click clack sound yes it is a good deterrent.but if i got to make the click clack or use it to scare some one off then that means there already in my house an have broke in..Fuck that only thing you will hear is a boom as you then feel sharp pain or nothing because your dead.

I dont want to scare them off i want to hurt them so they dont go doing the shit to some one else or kill a old couple or rape a young kid home alone later on down the road.

Reason why i am thinking of getting this gun is to stop from having to use the pump if there is multi targets in my house..in the time it takes you to do the full pump some one can rush you if there 10 or so feet from you..i'm sure gunny can atest to this..alot of low lifes end up training in prison for shit like that..It only takes a split second for some one to be on you 10 or 15ft away.

As for the shoulder weapons for close 1/4 combat..i'm surgical with a shotgun :) an if that was fully true..swat would all carry hand guns then

Donga,i dont think that is legal unless you got a class 3 license.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Straight from Serbu's website...

"The SUPER-SHORTY is based on a Mossberg Maverick (also available on Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 at additional cost) 12-gauge shotgun which came from the factory with a pistol grip. Because of this, the SUPER-SHORTY is considered an AOW (Any Other Weapon) and can be transferred with a $5 stamp! The gun holds two 2-3/4" or 3" shells in the magazine, plus one in the chamber. The 16.5" overall length, 6.5" barrel and spring-locked foregrip, which pivots out of the way when not in use, make for a very compact package. As far as we know, this is the shortest 12-gauge pump shotgun available. All parts for the SUPER-SHORTY are made in-house on our own CNC machinery using materials ideally suited to the task. All welds are done by the TIG process, and the manganese phosphate finish is MIL-spec. The SUPER-SHORTY is currently being used by various law enforcement agencies and military units worldwide. If you like the idea of concealed carry with a 12-gauge, or like a lot of "bang" in a small package, or just want the most compact breaching weapon available, then this is the gun for you. You won't find a better made AOW pump shotgun than the SUPER-SHORTY!"

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i dont get the 5$ stamp deal unless you have a class 2 or 3 license..

i'll ask the gun shop later on when i go to it today.

·
Registered
381 Posts
i dont get the 5$ stamp deal unless you have a class 2 or 3 license..

i'll ask the gun shop later on when i go to it today.

Heck you could take a trip over to tampa and check out Serbu yourself.

5 dollar stamp is since it came from the factory already with a pistol grip. Now if you want to use say a bennelli or somehting then it would require you to go through the whole class 3 process or setup a trust.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Personally

For my home defense and method of deterent I prefer the red dot of a laser sight on someones chest, as opposed to the click clack of a pump shotgun.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^ my 500 has a laser on it..i was going to take it off of it and put it on this gun..i was then going let my roomate use the 500

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey, I went on the mossburg web site and they have this shotgun, but not the tactical model. Where do I go to see this gun for sale?
its on there site..go to the gun part that pulls down and its about 1/3rd from the bottom..i think they got it under home defense and not tactical..

or just do the search for the model number which is 85330.

you can find it on gunbroker.com also..its running around 450$ new so plus a dealer fee and shipping probley 500$ out the door for it new.

·
Medium Pimpin!
8,852 Posts
Mossberg also has a 16 inch pump with the breech tip thats a cool shotgun. under 300$ at my local shop. Ive trained with them, jam the tip into the hinge, pop a frangible or a lock buster into it and your in.. Lots o fun..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts