Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know about yall but, we have issues already with them and bad. I cant spray anything with poison in it due to the dogs and chickens so we get a jug called Mosquito Barrier and we spray a few times a year but, havent started yet due to weather on and off rain. Now we have learned that Bats love to eat mosquitos cause its like a deli to them. We got two Bat houses to go in the yard and they have to have a small net below for the babies and also have to be so high and facing a certain way. The units are made of cedar so should hold up pretty good.I dont know if this helps but here is some info on this stuff.
Mosquito Barrier Spray – Natural Insect Repellent for Yards & Grassy Areas

·
Registered
25,058 Posts
I dont know about yall but, we have issues already with them and bad. I cant spray anything with poison in it due to the dogs and chickens so we get a jug called Mosquito Barrier and we spray a few times a year but, havent started yet due to weather on and off rain. Now we have learned that Bats love to eat mosquitos cause its like a deli to them. We got two Bat houses to go in the yard and they have to have a small net below for the babies and also have to be so high and facing a certain way. The units are made of cedar so should hold up pretty good.I dont know if this helps but here is some info on this stuff.
Mosquito Barrier Spray – Natural Insect Repellent for Yards & Grassy Areas

Barn swallows will eat them all. Avon Skin so Soft will keep them, and ticks off ya.

·
Registered
25,092 Posts
Bats are freaking awesome.
There were almost no mosquitoes when I lived within range of the big Austin bat colony.
I'm too far north now and the mosquitoes are a nightmare.
My best weapon is dragonflies.

That Barrier stuff sounds pretty good.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Take unscented garlic tablets. You wont get bothered by mosquitoes, ticks or chiggers at all. Just make sure to get the UNSCENTED tablets. If you dont you will smell like you just made love to garlic bread and did the scene in American Pie but made it the Italian version. No offense to any Italians here. Lol. Can be found at any pharmacy or walmart etc. Its in the natural herbal section. Works amazing

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Coat yourself in poison and keep your dogs up on their heartworm meds.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Former RJ instigator
38,995 Posts
Kenny, buy some Bifen XTS 25% solution, I use a pump up sprayer and use 1.5 oz to one gallon of water, spray the exterior of your house and any place mosquitoes like to congregate, shrubs, exterior walls, etc, it's non toxic and safe to humans and animals but kills anything with a exoskeleton, ( 6 legs or more ) I member on here turned me on to it, stuff was a miracle cure for us, the fleas were super bad last year.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Kenny, buy some Bifen XTS 25% solution, I use a pump up sprayer and use 1.5 oz to one gallon of water, spray the exterior of your house and any place mosquitoes like to congregate, shrubs, exterior walls, etc, it's non toxic and safe to humans and animals but kills anything with a exoskeleton, ( 6 legs or more ) I member on here turned me on to it, stuff was a miracle cure for us, the fleas were super bad last year.

We have bats galore here, but even more mosquitoes. I spray about the same. I drilled a hole in the tube on my backpack blower and put the pump spray nozzle in blower and fog my yard every couple of weeks. I can spray it 50 feet. 1-1/2 gallons covers my 1/4 acres forest I live on. You can mix stronger and it will even kill the roaches.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I had tons of the little bloodsucker in my area. Best thing i have used is called "mosquito bits". I had bought it from Home Depot, but cant find it there now. Amazon sells it. I intentionally let 5 gallon pales sit with 2 gallons of water in them. Add about 15 little bits of this stuff per pale, and my mosquito issues are gone. There is some kind of microbe or enzyme in it that eats the mosquito larvae. It breaks the life cycle of the little bastards. This stuff is safe in fish ponds, and is not harmful to the environment. I have 6 pales going all year long. Place 3 buckets on each side of my yard, about 50 feet apart. About every 4 weeks I add a few more grains of the Bits to the buckets, an add water when needed. This will be my second season, and I have a half a jug of the stuff left. WORKS AWESOME!!!

Be safe, schick

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bats are freaking awesome.
There were almost no mosquitoes when I lived within range of the big Austin bat colony.
I'm too far north now and the mosquitoes are a nightmare.
My best weapon is dragonflies.

That Barrier stuff sounds pretty good.
It looks like I have to spray it tomorrow . I wanted to wait a little bit but now its on for sure.

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Barn swallows will eat them all. Avon Skin so Soft will keep them, and ticks off ya.
I havent tried that skin so soft yet but I will ask around to see if I can get some to try.

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Take unscented garlic tablets. You wont get bothered by mosquitoes, ticks or chiggers at all. Just make sure to get the UNSCENTED tablets. If you dont you will smell like you just made love to garlic bread and did the scene in American Pie but made it the Italian version. No offense to any Italians here. Lol. Can be found at any pharmacy or walmart etc. Its in the natural herbal section. Works amazing
Hey that might be why the MB is made of 99% of straight garlic. I know when I spray it sometimes during summer is that our yard does smell like a pizzaria.-- I been searching for something cause its hard as hell to spray that stuff cause its thick.

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Idle a diesel with bad injectors outside for a while. It will take care of mosquitoes, as well as Jehovah's witnesses.
I cant afford diesal fuel-lololo-but the damn jw I sure would like to get rid of. The last one that tried to come by I told her I was affiliated with the FCOS( first church of satan) - I havent heard back from that bunch yet but the other tried to come by-lolo

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Coat yourself in poison and keep your dogs up on their heartworm meds.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
I can handle the heartworm meds for sure- I have been working on spraying the MB around cause its natural but strong smell of garlic bigtime.

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Hey now ya talking - I have for sure never heard of this and will for sure be trying it out cause the MB is thick as all get out and it clogs the sprayer up even affter I strain it through a paint funnel.-thank you thank you thank you for sure.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts